What's new

CHiP 's The Movie (1 Viewer)

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Maybe this has been discussed already or perhaps this is already in the works.

Considering the current trend with 70's remakes I think that this would be a good candidate.

Cops
Bad guys
Fast motorcycles
Fast cars
Car chases
Car crashes
Hot california chicks
Two studs (for the women) to play the lead roles

Looks like we have what passes for a movie these days.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Yeah with a suprise cameo by Will Ferrell and a few quick walk on cameos at the end of the movie by:

Eric Estrada(Ponch)
Larry Wilcox(Officer John Baker)
Robert Pine(Sgt.Getraer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I would love for this movie to be made. I'd never see it, but it would pretty much guarantee a DVD release of the original series.

Ray-M

Agent
Well get ready fellas,your dreams are about to come true.It is being made,with Wilmer Valderrama as "Ponch".Check out IMDB.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Everyone's always so down on Starskey & Hutch, I thought it was hilarious! :b

They're off to a good start with Wilmer as 'Ponch', the guy certaintly looks the part already.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
They probably will, and it would be another film that I wouldn't watch for free.

Originality in Hollywood is about as rare as the famed Dodo bird.:frowning:

David Rogers

Supporting Actor
If they let Michael Bay make the ChiPs movie, and if he made it like a Californa version of Bad Boys 2, I suppose it could be worth some laughs and some thrills. But it basically sounds kinda silly.

Of course, I've been rolling my eyes at movie ideas since the Brady Bunch sequel...

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Yeah, Hollywood has such a great quality record of making TV-to-movie adaptations. I really want them to make a movie based on a TV show I loved as a kid. I'm sure they'll treat it right.

The above message brought to you by The Sarcasm Company

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

That's problem #1, as far as I'm concerned. The original show had some very funny moments, but it was a serious drama for the most part.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would never get so hung up on a an old television show, especially one's as cheesy as we used to get back then, where I couldn't appreciate a good parody of it.

IMO, Starskey & Hutch wasn't even really that big of a parody, it had the look, feel and music of the original series, they just highlighted and poked fun at some aspects of it like the duo's quasi-homosexual relationship and Starskey's obsession with his car.

I can't stand either one of the Charlies Angels movies, too much wire work and super hero type of stuff, The Dukes of Hazzard I haven't seen yet so I can't comment on it, but S&H isn't bad at all IMO.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit

I agree,

I found it hilarious. I didn't take any of it too seriously. It seemed to me that the makers of the film had a real affinity for the original series.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks