What's new

Children of Men - Discussion thread (1 Viewer)

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Oops! Reread my previous entry and it's way too petulant. That's not what I intended! I simply meant to say: cool it guys, everyone gets criticised, stop taking it so personally. But it comes across far more, well, 'ranting' is I suppose the best word. I could edit it, but then the comments afterwards would be nonsensical.

This is what comes of typing something when there's a pet parrot sitting on your head.

That's it - the parrot did it. Let's blame the parrot.

Thank you nurse, I think I will have those nice tablets now.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
Petulant or no, I don't disagree with you, Andrew, and my sarcastic little ripostes were meant only to underscore your point. I think it's starting to become just a little silly for any American in these times to make hash out of England's historic imperialism. It does reek not a little of hypocrisy, but I think it's more simply a lack of self-reflection, a dose of self-delusion, and a largely blinkered view of the world. It's the sort of stance that allows one to view a film like "Children of Men" and fail to find anything in it of a "political" nature, much less to acknowledge its rather singular critique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks