What's new

Children Of Men debuts on HD DVD Combo Format, 3-27-07 (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

I've worried that it's too much of a spoiler though? Thoughts??

And yes, the cover art isn't the greatest...but I guess that's not a biggie. :)

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Finally got my ass out to see this Saturday morning.

Just a stunning film.

I don't see how this is not in the Best Picture category for this year's Oscars.

The action sequences seemed like they had very few cuts, and the film just sucks you in.

Can't wait to get this one.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well....I deleted it. I've had it listed as my sig for awhile now and no one objected either on a thread or by PM. People here aren't usually shy about such things
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
...but still I felt uneasy about it. Most of the time, Yahoo Movies has rather good pics that aren't as spoilerific as that one was. I can always re-add it later. :)

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
I heard that!

I also agree it deserves to be in the running for Best Picture. It's a real shame it didn't make the cut.

Denny_S

Stunt Coordinator

I guess it was a spoiler of sorts, but I had already seen the film when I saw your sig, so it didn't spoil anything for me. I enjoyed the film immensely and was actually impressed when I saw you using that pic.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Denny :)....just checked Amazon & DVD Empire and no pre-ordering this gem just yet. I suppose it's a bit early but man this is my most anticipated film to own this year. (so far!
)...

Denny_S

Stunt Coordinator

Future Shop has this up for pre-order but man the price : $54.99!!!!!! :eek:
I know this is too early, but I hope that the closer we get to the release date that the price drops to more realistic levels.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
updated info! :)

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif., Feb. 27 /PRNewswire/ -- The critically acclaimed, multi-Oscar(R)-nominated "Children of Men," a riveting action thriller of astonishing power and impact set against a backdrop of deception and suspense, comes to DVD and HD-DVD on March 27, 2007 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. Award-winning director Alfonso Cuaron's ("Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," "Y Tu Mama Tambien") powerful depiction of a world threatened by extinction stars Academy Award(R) nominees Clive Owen ("Inside Man," "Closer") and Julianne Moore ("The Forgotten," "Far from Heaven"). The supporting cast includes Academy Award(R) winner Sir Michael Caine ("The Prestige," "Batman Begins"), Chiwetel Ejiofor ("Inside Man") and Charlie Hunnam ("Cold Mountain"). With a dazzling array of exclusive bonus features that takes viewers deep inside its fascinating and explosive world, the "Children of Men" DVD is priced at $29.98 SRP. Pre-order close is February 20, 2007.

Adapted from the novel by P.D. James, "Children of Men" brilliantly imagines London in 2027, a world in which humankind has lost the ability to reproduce and one man is asked to risk everything for the survival of the human race. Theo Faron (Clive Owen) believes his activist days are behind him until he is asked to take on a dangerous mission that may save the future of the human race. "Children of Men" also stars Julianne Moore as the leader of the underground opposition group that enlists Theo's help, as well as veteran actor Michael Caine in a witty and wily portrayal of a lapsed idealist trapped in a nightmarish world.

CRITICS HAIL CHILDREN OF MEN

Critics agree "Children of Men" is an extraordinary film. Scott Mantz of "Access Hollywood" declares "Children of Men" as "Powerful, provocative and absolutely brilliant!" The film is packed with "Exhilarating action" according to Peter Travers of Rolling Stone. It is "Magnificent ... a unique and totally original vision," says Pete Hammond, Maxim.

BONUS FEATURES GO BEHIND THE SCENES

The "Children of Men" DVD and HD-DVD include exclusive looks behind-the-scenes with the critically acclaimed film's creators and actors including:

-- Deleted Scenes!

-- Possibility of Hope -- A chilling documentary features the world's
leading futurists and philosophers examining social and economic
shifts that find expression in "Children of Men."

-- Theo and Julian -- In exclusive on-set interviews, actors Clive Owen
and Julianne Moore offer up insights and secrets about the complex and
compelling characters they have created in "Children of Men."

-- Futuristic Designs -- Director Alfonso Cuaron created an original and
dynamic vision of the future for this film. Follow his vision as it
goes from concept to seething cinematic life in this featurette.

-- Visual Effects: Creating the Baby -- Uncover the incredible visual
effects used to create a life-like baby in the film.

-- Men Under Attack -- Children of Men features amazingly realistic
scenes of the chaos and violence and groundbreaking, Oscar(R)-
nominated cinematography by Emmanuel Lubezki, called by Rolling
Stone's Peter Travers "a weaver of visual miracles." This
mini-documentary breaks down two of the most terrifying scenes in the
film -- the cafe explosion and a car under violent attack from all
sides -- to show how the filmmakers created sequences in which "You
don't just watch the scene, you live inside it, ducking each fresh,
ferocious assault."

The HD-DVD version of "Children of Men" will also feature U-CONTROL, Picture in Picture and ADS & PROPAGANDA (Title TBD)

:) :emoji_thumbsup:
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
This is the first new release from either format this year that I am actually excited about. Can't wait for the release. While it was certainly a box office disappointment, it is certainly a very fine film. Here's hoping that Universal treats the property with due respect.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I never got the chance to catch this in theaters, but with all the glowing praise around here, I'll probably make this a blind buy.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I hope you're expectations are not too high....based on so much praise from the HTF & critics.
...I think it was the 2nd most voted for film in Adam's top 10 summary. But EVERY time I see a film kind of after the fact...and it comes highly recommended, I am usually disappointed some.

So there, I have just lowered your expectations. :D.

Seriously, though my first viewing was good. I just didn't get it all the first time (fairly intense film)....but the 2nd time was the one that made it's jump to tie for #1 as the best film of 2006.

I do hope you enjoy Children of Men Brett. Might take a 2nd viewing to soak it all in. :)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Finally put up for preorder on Amazon today. No 10% discount for those that qualify...yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks