What's new

Cheers Season 9 already released (1 Viewer)

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
Having finished the set, I'm happy to say I noticed no additional music substitutions beyond those in Grease. Though, I believe that episode was the only one to use licensed music recordings, as other music uses in the season (e.g., karaoke, Unchained Melody, an Elvis impersonator, etc.) were performed by the actors rather than using the original recordings. So, 0% (0/1) of the pre-recorded music was retained, but Paramount is batting 1,000 for songs performed by the actors.

It's hard to say if any episodes ran short, as episode lengths tend to jump around a bit. Veggie Boyd and Wedding Bell Blues both ran over a minute shorter than the standard length though, so maybe someone who actually saw the episodes pre-syndication could check them out to make sure all originally aired content is included. I have no way to know for sure, since I never saw the original airings, but I noticed no cuts.

WhitneyG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Whitney
It seemed the same to me, but I watch on a SD 27" TV. I'd notice major imperfections, but the little things are hard to notice on my set...

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Good news! We're still on season six(!) here in the UK, I'd import the other seasons from the US except the OCD in me just wouldn't allow me to have half R2, half R1. So I am really hoping that there's a complete series boxset released in R1 eventually, I'll probably just give my seasons 1-6 to my sister then or something.

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Ok, I know S9 is long since released but I'm just watching this now and I'm wondering if there is a missing episode or something...In the last episode of the season, Rebecca is complaining about her crummy job at Cheers and is looking for work, but around 5 episodes prior, she buys half the bar from Sam...And was quite pleased about the arrangement. So what gives?

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Jeff last time, I checked, season 9 had 26 episodes. The wikipedia episode list confirms it, as well. Why would CBS/Paramount forget to include an episode from that season?

Jeff

Supporting Actor
Well it seemed more plausible then the show erasing a major story line. Anyway, thanks.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor

Sorry. What I meant to say was that all 26 episodes, including the 200th episode special, are on the season 9 DVD. Even the Sitcomsonline review mentions that.

Again, sorry for the confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks