What's new

cheapest way to pack/ship dvd's (1 Viewer)

Daniel THB

Grip
i may need to ship in excess of 20 dvd's to individual addresses next week (ebay auction). i plan on using U.S. mail but want to know the most cost effective way to package the dvd's. any suggestions on the cheapest envelopes and where to get them? thanks.

parin_patel

Stunt Coordinator
I've found padded envelopes to be the most economical way to ship out single DVD's. You can get them at any mailing/office supply store (like Staples) for around $0.25 to $0.50 each depending on the size and quantity you buy.

-Parin

Randy Schissler

Stunt Coordinator
Buy 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" cheap manilla envelopes from Sav-On, Target, or Office Depot. Wrap the DVD's in thin foam pads that come in cases of apples or tomatoes at your food market. It's a tight fit so put a few pieces of cello packaging tape on the ouside of the envelopes to keep them secure. That's what I do, though snapper cases may not fit. If you want a simpler but more expensive way, buy 8" x 10" padded envelopes from the same sources.

--Randy S.

Jean Paul Villeneuve

Second Unit
Also, always place a piece of bubble wrap or folded paper towels inside the keepcase. That prevents the disc from falling off its spindle.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
The envelopes that Parin suggested are 6 x 9". They are a really good and tight fit, and I always use them for returns. I also slap 5 stamps on them, but with 20, maybe you should figure out the exact cost.

Oh, and please secure the hub as suggested too.

Glenn

Craig

Second Unit
You can get delivery confirmation with either First Class or Media Mail, assuming you're using a large enough envelope for the confirmation tag to fit on. I usually ship First Class with delivery confirmation.

I use the bubble mailing envelopes that you can get at any of the office supply stores. I've shipped probably a hundred DVDs this way and haven't had a problem.

If you want to use Priority Mail, you can get video sized boxes that will fit DVDs or VHS tapes from the post office. The boxes are free.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks