What's new

Cheaper 2 channel amps with at least 125 real watts (1 Viewer)

JohnSer

Stunt Coordinator
Yep, thats what the 545IIs look like inside :) The price is right around what I paid for the two I own. 40lbs shipping??? for a 25lb amp??? Lots of packing! ;)

BTW, service manuals are available for around $12.

JohnS

James W. Johnson

Screenwriter
Dont get too bummed out, they are not even made by Parasound and are not of the same quality as their other gear. Audio Advisor sold them years ago for $500 a pair...and they got horrible reviews everywhere. :)

Look into a used HCA-750A , expect to pay under $200 shipped for one.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
I have an Onkyo M-501 amp rated at 2 x 150 wpc. This is a great sounding amp and very powerful and is in beautiful condition.
$150 shipped.

Oh yeah......I've also got a few Audiosource Amp One's,
2 x 80 wpc @ .03 THD. They can be bridged and used as mono's giving you 200 wpc! Use one per speaker.
I'd sell 2 for $225 shipped.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
The deal Rob Wil is offering is quited good, a bridged pair of Amp 1s are pretty good amps (I use one for a center channel) and Amp 3 isn't bad as well.

Charles Gurganus

Supporting Actor
With 91db sens speakers you may not NEED more power, IMO. Why not wait and see how the Yamy drives the new speakers? You may find yourself with plenty of output then and maybe you can get a better source for music with the money instead. Just another view.

I do see a new 2 channel Onkyo amp for $300. It has 100 watts only but it would more than likely be plenty for 91db speakers.

http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_9704.htm

Nathan J

Stunt Coordinator
Cool, thanks for all the opinions....I am picking up the speakers tomorrow, so I will see how they sound, but I think I still want to upgrade to separates anyway.

Keep the suggestions coming.

-Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks