What's new

Charmin Toilet paper blows away Quilted Northern! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
But are you using Charmin regular, or Charmin Ultra, which has the full wipe-rate as opposed to half-wipe-rate?

Kraig Lang

Stunt Coordinator
Be careful folks, "Joe Six Roll" has discovered yet another little niche that Hobbyists have known about forever. Some companies have even started marketing the "Gas Station Saver Pack". 6 rolls of 300 square, single layer, sandpaper type, wiping capability. The days of softness, color of your choice, multi-layer, best of all worlds will soon be gone.
I also read that that internet company we were all getting the great discounts from (crackcleaner.com) is going to stop giving disounts for multiple purchases. Damn Them.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
This topic just shows how spoiled people are these days. There used to be only two choices: corn cob or Sears catalog, and there was no Internet to discuss it on. You had to hop on a telegraph forum.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
There are many other factors to consider. Over or under for one (a subject that has been exhaustively discussed here in the past, I won't resurrect that). Also, the quality of the rest of the bathroom definitely has a very real effect. Are you wiping in a master suite with a Jacuzzi tub and marble floors or a college dorm john. This will effect the wiping expeience. Personally I am not surprised that people with very minimalist bathrooms don't feel the difference.
Anyway, when some new TP is coming out I want to read Obi's review of how it feels on his ass before I make my purchasing descision.
------------------
Philip Hamm

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Darn it Philip!
Everyone knows UNDER is the only way to spool TP!
The "Over" crowd are just jealous because they don't have the new ball-bearing spoolers in their bathroom for that extra action upon pulling effect.
Well this thread has gone to sh*t. :)

John Beavers

Second Unit
Oh please people, both Charmin and Northern have absolutely shitty grey scale and won't hold calibration once they hit the water. To get the real deal you have to look to mother nature, only the best ISF certified wiper leaves for this TP'er.
nuts.gif

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Of course, any TRUE TP aficionado knows that no SMALL TP tissue will do the job. What REALLY makes the difference is the classic 12 inch tissues with the great art work on them!
------------------

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
I just like good toilet paper, no matter what "brand" it is...I honestly don't feel the difference between the two.
Charmin does some weird thing to some people.
rolleyes.gif

------------------
LuvLBX
HateP&S!

Chris Maynard

Supporting Actor
Well Jerry -
I hate to say this but I just don't think you have a high enough quality ass to tell the difference. I am not trying to sound like an elitist but it takes great equipment to tell the subtle differences.

Shawn D

Auditioning
I cant believe that with all the technical expertise here at this forum no one is using the single best method that will soon make toilet paper obsolete...
THE 3 SEA SHELLS SYSTEM.
bar none the single best way to clean ones self with no muss no fuss. No dead trees clogged toilets and left over remnents. No matter what you say there is no substitute.
sell off your paper dispencers NOW before they become usless paper weights. Even makes paper Doublers and tripplers obsolete ! better that HDTP !
Act now, limited supplies available.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Chris, Isn't that the point I just made?
Also, another factor that I neglescted to bring up is ASS QUALITY. If the ASS is no good to begin with then what's the point of using a top quality tissue?
Lastly, some of us like to use the wipes for our noses as well. (not the EXACT same wipes as the butt wipes obviously
tongue.gif
) After a shower a good nose blow is often welcome and there's that roll waiting. Some people turn their noses up ( :)) to this practice, saying that only facial tissues should be used for noses, but I think that eith Quilted Northern or especially Charmin work fine for this. Those that think that TP is not good for noses and only good for asses are elitist bastards!!!
------------------
Philip Hamm

Alan Markow

Agent
The problem is that some people think they have a Home Toilet, but they don't. They just have a toilet. Only people with genuine Home Toilets should be able to participate in this thread. All the rest need to get off the pot.
Alan
------------------

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I should have mentioned that if you use the Region 2 paper, you need to have a PAL format ass (or a multi-format ass); most people do not notice the 4% speedup that you get with PAL paper vs. NTSC paper.
------------------
For 11+ hours of Beethoven music available nowhere else, visit www.unheardbeethoven.org (New Second Millennium update done 5/31/00 )
Check out my reviews at http://www.digitallyobsessed.com

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't Scott Tissue have some truly worthy lower-cost alternatives to our needs? It's a little courser and grainier, to be sure. But it does cover the full frequency range.
I don't understand this blanket assumption that Charmin' and Northern are the only games in town. I'd like to wipe the slate clean, so to speak, and start this discussion over again with a more inclusive premise.
Sorry to dump this all over you guys.

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
There's nothing wrong with my ass!
wink.gif

The plain fact is that there are far more Quilted Nothern rolls on the store shelf than Charmin, and QN is just fine.
I've had company over my house use the toilet on a few occasions and they can't tell the difference either.
In the real world, nobody has a "better" ass. They all do the same thing...make noises and serve as a route of escape for shit!
------------------
LuvLBX
HateP&S!

David Tallen

Stunt Coordinator
I hate to say this but I just don't think you have a high enough quality ass to tell the difference.
Why must every discussion end up with personally disparaging remarks?
Chris, I suggest you re-read the "New Attitude" post of Ron's.
Jerry, I'm sure that you have a perfectly nice ass.

Ron Eastman

Second Unit
Okay, I know I'm a newbie here, but can someone please explain the 3 seashells method. I don't want to miss out on what may be the most efficient method.
This thread is killing me.
laugh.gif
I'm gonna go sit on the pot now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks