What's new

Charlie's Angels (1 Viewer)

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
I recently found this complete series set for around $39 at Costco.
The packaging is absolutely atrocious. All the disks are stacked up onto two spindles.
I ended up taking all the disks, and putting them into dvd cases.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
jcroy said:
I recently found this complete series set for around $39 at Costco.
The packaging is absolutely atrocious. All the disks are stacked up onto two spindles.
I ended up taking all the disks, and putting them into dvd cases.
I agree with you about the packaging. I am still keeping my S1-S4 as i just bought the set for S5. I have good times and sanford & son and they were package the same way.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
younger1968 said:
I agree with you about the packaging. I am still keeping my S1-S4 as i just bought the set for S5. I have good times and sanford & son and they were package the same way.
I picked up season 1 and 2 around a year ago or so, for $15 each.
So for $39 for the complete series, it's around $13 per "set" for seasons 3, 4, and 5 which I didn't own previously. (In this warped arithmetic, the seasons 1 and 2 discs are like a "zero cost bonus" to me).
This may sound like a strange way of doing mental arithmetic, but I don't worry too much about double or triple dipping on something, if I can get some particular titles at a per unit cost I am fine with.

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Any idea if and/or when Season 5 will be released on its own? I bought Seasons 1-4 as they were released and I'd hate to double dip just to get 5.

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
handley said:
Any idea if and/or when Season 5 will be released on its own? I bought Seasons 1-4 as they were released and I'd hate to double dip just to get 5.
There hasn't been any announcement yet aside from the fact that it will be released in the future. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say early next year.

handley

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul
Brian Himes said:
There hasn't been any announcement yet aside from the fact that it will be released in the future. If I were to venture a guess, I'd say early next year.
Thanks, Brian! Charlie's Angels is one of those shows that I grew up on, although I don't remember watching much of S5 at the time.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
So the fans who bought the previous seasons as they came out have to wait around a year to get the final season? Why couldn't they have released season 5,seperately,on the same day they released the complete series?

Brian Himes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Stephen Wight said:
So the fans who bought the previous seasons as they came out have to wait around a year to get the final season? Why couldn't they have released season 5,seperately,on the same day they released the complete series?
I don't know that the wait will be around a year. I seriously doubt it. The complete series set was just released. I was simply speculating when an announcement might be forthcoming. If an announcement comes before the end of the year, for a release in the first quarter of next year, that is only a few months away. Not a year. I guess I should have kept my opinion and speculations to myself.
As to why they didn't release it on the same day as the complete series set, I have no idea. Only Sony can answer that.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
cajunhillbilly said:
So Sony will be releasing season 5 seperately? Good.
I think if you look at history when single seasons set were released after the complete series then you will probably have to wait until Mar-Apr 2013. I can not see Sony wanting to move forward with S5 until the new year as separate release. The price will also most likely be around 30-35 range.
I was concern with the double dipping, but for the price it was worth it. I only paid about 15-20 for S2-S4 anyway, so it was not like i broke the bank for those sets.
S5 is neat as there is shift to Hawaii for a few episodes. I was not a big fan of Tanya Roberts, but she did an adequate jobs as the new Angel. The show was better early on, like S1/s2. S4/S5 were a downgrade due to exodus of Kate Jackson. I do not think you can really have Charlie's Angels without Kate Jackson in it. I do feel sorry for Shelly Hack as her dismissal was not handle properly. S5's first episode talks about Shelly being back home in Boston and that is last time her name is mention.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
rmw650 said:
It was anounced and mentioned that S5 will be coming out separately next year sometime. No timeframe has been pinpointed as of this writing but expect it to come out probably first or second quarter of 2013.
Good. After the reviews and mention of the stacking of disks on top of each other, I will wait for the seperate release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks