What's new

Charlie's Angels Season 5 (1 Viewer)

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
With news that the new version of Charlie's Angels set to premiere this fall,I was hoping that we would have heard,by now, that the fifth,and final,season was going to be released to coincide with the reboot. So far,obviously not. Did season 4 bomb or have Sony just given up releasing their classic shows altogether?

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight
With news that the new version of Charlie's Angels set to premiere this fall,I was hoping that we would have heard,by now, that the fifth,and final,season was going to be released to coincide with the reboot. So far,obviously not. Did season 4 bomb or have Sony just given up releasing their classic shows altogether?
I would not hold my breath with S5 coming out. I have S1-S3, but held off on S4 due to the fact Kate Jackson had left and i was not a big fan of Shelly Hack. I was going to pick up S4 when and if S5 is released. I just do not have much confidence with Sony, because they seem to have left shows die. I have been waiting for S2 of SWAT for over 8 years and i remember it took forever for them to release S4 of Starsky and Hutch.

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
Originally Posted by younger1968
I have been waiting for S2 of SWAT for over 8 years and i remember it took forever for them to release S4 of Starsky and Hutch.
But Sony released all of Starsky & Hutch. I would have thought that Charlie's Angels would have sold just as well.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight
But Sony released all of Starsky & Hutch. I would have thought that Charlie's Angels would have sold just as well.
yes, they released Starsky and Hutch. Charlie's Angels surprises me, since there is a new series in the fall and maybe they plan to release the set in the fall. I have S1-S3 on dvd as i was huge fan of bother jacklyn smith and kate jackson. I was not a big fan of shelly hack and/or tanya roberts. I believe the show started to go downhill after Kate Jackson left. Kate's character was very conservative compare to farah or cheryl ladd or jacklyn smith.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i got a great deal on S4 of Charlie's Angels and started watching the set. I am hoping with the new series coming out that S5 will be released as part of the marketing for the new series. I still prefer S1-S3 of Charlie's Angels, especially with Kate Jackson. I was not big on either Shelley Hack and/or Tanya Roberts as replacement and the ratings took a dive for S4/S5. I have it on the other night and my GF asked me what i was watching and i told her its Charlie Angels. She said to me that not Drew Barrymore and i said that is beautiful Jaclyn Smith. I told her i had a crush on her when i was a kid. I mention to my GF about the trading cards, which had picture from the show and a puzzle on the other side.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Season 4 of the Charlie's Angels DVD starts out with the two hour Love Boat crossover, "Love Boat Angels"
(from September of '79) which for me is highlight, since The Love Boat is my favourite series from the '70s.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
derosa said:
Season 4 of the Charlie's Angels DVD starts out with the two hour Love Boat crossover, "Love Boat Angels"
(from September of '79) which for me is highlight, since The Love Boat is my favourite series from the '70s.
That is a great episode and it is only time the show mentioned Sabrina leaving and that she was expecting a child. Sabrina was not mentioned after that episode. Episode also had the ex Bewitch Darren and the late Bert Convey. I remember Bert Convey as guest star on other shows. I am so glad that old shows are on dvd as it helps me re-live my childhood.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Bert Convy will always be the host of "Tattletales" for me!
That Love Boat crossover would coincide with the beginning of S3 of "Love Boat" which CBS/Paramount still refuses to give us alas!

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Jack P said:
Bert Convy will always be the host of "Tattletales" for me!
That Love Boat crossover would coincide with the beginning of S3 of "Love Boat" which CBS/Paramount still refuses to give us alas!
I feel your pain. I would love to see more Love Boat. I remember Love Boat coming on at 9pm follow by Fantasy Island. Fantasy Island is another show i love too see more episodes.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
CLOO (formerly Sleuth) runs marathons of Charlie's Angels on the weekends. That last season was so poorly written to come up with excuses for crimes. Watched one where these two women are at a nightclub with phones at each table so you can dial up the person you want to hook up with. Well the woman answers the phone and it's a guy who wants to kill her. Do the two women call the manager to complain? Nope. They do leave the club, but separate in the parking lot to go to each of their car. They don't even demand the club owner have security walk them to their cars or go to one car and drive to the other. Guess what happens when they split up?
It's was so stupid. That last season isn't even as good on the goofy scale of the final seasons of Hawaii Five-O.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Corey3rd said:
CLOO (formerly Sleuth) runs marathons of Charlie's Angels on the weekends. That last season was so poorly written to come up with excuses for crimes. Watched one where these two women are at a nightclub with phones at each table so you can dial up the person you want to hook up with. Well the woman answers the phone and it's a guy who wants to kill her. Do the two women call the manager to complain? Nope. They do leave the club, but separate in the parking lot to go to each of their car. They don't even demand the club owner have security walk them to their cars or go to one car and drive to the other. Guess what happens when they split up?
It's was so stupid. That last season isn't even as good on the goofy scale of the final seasons of Hawaii Five-O.
I totally agree with your post, especially how the show deteriorated after S3. I will admit S4 had some good episode, but there just was no chemistry with Shelley Hack and Cheryl Laddd/Jaclyn Smith. Kate Jackson exit doomed the show and you could tell at times Jaclyn Smith/Cheyl Ladd missed her. The S5 was just bad as Tanya Roberts was added as way to boost sagging ratings. However, it was poorly scripted and having one gal come from modeling school probably did not help. Where is Tanya Roberts now? Well, no where to be found. Do you remember sneaking a peak of her when she pose for playboy in 1980s. Shelley Hack also did not do much after she left the show. It will be interesting to see how the re-boot helps and if Jaclyn Smith or Cheryl ladd do a guess starring role in the series.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Jack P said:
I'm hoping that a complete set will someday be available, a guy can dream, right?

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Since Sony has licensed out a handful of '70s cop shows to Shout Factory, like Police Story, SWAT and Police Woman, Shout would likely be the ones to release it.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
The likelihood of Shout or anyone else being interested in the final, abysmal season of a show that has all of the rest of its episodes released would be highly unlikely. Why would they? I'd think if they were interested in a stalled last season, they would go for Flying Nun first and you don't see them running to grab that either.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
i remember reading something information on Shelley Hack when she was replaced. Shelley had said well ratings were down and i was the new kid on the block, so she was the escape goat. I guess the studio thought they could boost their rating doing search the new angel. However, it backfired and the show was canceled after S5.
I was hoping with the new show coming out that the would released S5 as way to promote the series, especially with the old fans. I have watched the trailer for the new show and it does look interesting with Minka Kelly starring as an angel.
I still happy to have S1-S4 on dvd as it allows me see my child hood favourite gal Jaclyn Smith in her prime. I watched an episode of Jaclyn Smith on the Partridge Family. I also believe Farah Fawcett did a guess starring role else well on the Partridge Family.

Kasey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kasey
Because Charlie's Angels still has a higher pop-culture profile than The Flying Nun or even Swat--which is having its second season released after nearly a decade.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
derosa said:
I had not heard that news.
What's your source about SWAT? I would love to hear that is true, because it is only 1 season left for SWAT.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
younger1968 said:
What's your source about SWAT? I would love to hear that is true, because it is only 1 season left for SWAT.
A few days ago over in the Shout Factory thread, Cliff said
Just season one [of Police Story], if sales are good, you'll see more seasons.
ADAM 12 Season 6 will be out in January.
And for some more news.... coming in 2012... Police Woman S2, The Rookies S2 and S.W.A.T. S2
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/t/308539/shout-factory-tv-shows-thread/30#post_3851367

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
If you want season 5 so badly, you can get it on itunes, along with the rest of the series. All of season 5 appears to be uncut.
I wish itunes became the new way of watching our favorite shows online. DVD sales are dwindling due to this stupid "economy"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks