What's new

Charlie Wenzel, the Internet scammer (1 Viewer)

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Some 19 year old decided to screw a fellow forum member of $25.00 and the community fights back with posting his address, yearbook pics, phone number and even a google earth shot of his home. Charlie (or Chuckles as he is sometimes known) basicly said "Yup, I screwed you and there's nothing any of you can do". Let me say he's regretting those words in a big way...

The Pirate4x4 forums are very slow atm, I guess they would be with 900 000 views of the 73 page thread. The story is making its rounds all over the internet, maybe unlike anything in the past and a new phrase has been dubbed, "Don't Get Wenzeled"

A couple of links:

http://www.charleswenzel.info/
http://www.eld101.com/wenzeled.com/

Here's a link to the original thread but its very slow in loading, if it does at all.

www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399203

And if your intersted in a T-shirt check this out :laugh:

http://www.cafepress.com/dontgetwenzeled

Its quite the read and even though I don't agree with some of the actions of some people its good to see people rally behind MuchaMike in getting his money back because of this guy.

Hopefully potential scammers will take heed....

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
My first thought was "So what." Does it really matter if I know the phone number, address, and can see the yearbook picture of some guy in California? How is that going to make things right.

However, if this thing gets as big as it looks like it's going to get. Plenty of people in his hometown and are going to know he's a dirt bag and that could be pretty tough to live with.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
If Wenzel had just disappeared after taking the other guy's money, I would think the response was overkill. But the fact that he was so smug and taunted the guy to do something, well, he definitely asked for it.

Although, I would not be surprised to find out this is some kind of elaborate hoax.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
so the kid was a prick and admitted he took the $25.00 and wont give it back. i think it's a little extreme what they are doing to him. not that i feel bad for him, at all.

CJ

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
Well, its not quite that simple.

I'll try to sum it up to how I understood it as the site is now down again.

MochaMike bought some "bran new gears" from Charlie for $100.00 + shipping. It was agreed upon so Mike sent $115.00 and Charlie cashed the cheque. Charlie then decided 100.00 was not enough due to a "price posting mistake" so he edited his post and said $125.00 after he had cashed the cheque. Mike recieved the bran new gears (I think) but alas they were not new but used, so he demanded his money back and would return the gears. Charlie refused and said he owed him $25.00 still after he had even cashed the cheque...

Mike just wanted his money back, Charlie hid behind his computer thinking because of the anomynity of the internet he could take him for a ride. He then started personally attacking all the message board users and insults started to fly. As the thread progresses, hundreds of people sign up on the Pirate 4x4 boards to say where they had read the links, lmfao I think just about every message board on the internet has the thread linked. People are photo shopping pics and the whole 9 yards...

I have been reading the thing from the beginning, currently on page 38 I think.

Anyhoo, I found this one and it made me laugh to tears.

[url=http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/2125/tool15pw7se.jpg] [/url]

edit: Seems like you now have to register on Pirate 4x4 to view the thread.

CRyan

Screenwriter
I followed this for a pretty long time. Very funny stuff. This guy was taunting the guy he ripped off for $100.00

This guy posted stuff for sale for $100 on this site. Other guy send MO for $100. The guy who is selling it cashes MO and then ups the pirce on the goods to $125. The guy who sent the check asks for the goods. Guy selling wont send the money back and keeps trying to sell the item. Forum members get involved and the guy keeps taunting everyone - not returning money. Finally, people started posting personal info to get him to cave. He finally did and sent money back. Turns out also that the item sold as new was actually used as well.

He is a theif and a liar- he deserves it in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks