1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Charlie Chan Chanthology any news on extras??

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Steve_Smith, May 3, 2004.

1. Steve_Smith

Steve_Smith Stunt Coordinator

I know the set is due out in July 6th (I think) [​IMG] but I haven't seen any sign of what extras might be included. Has anyone heard of any trailers or interviews or (gasp [​IMG] ) commentaries on all the films? (ok I'm really not thinking that will happen) LOL

2. Lyle H.

Lyle H. Stunt Coordinator

I'm guessing just a trailer, like most MGM releases. I'm going to get it. I think these films aren't the best films in the world, but they are fun, and I'm fascinated the way blacks and chinese were portrayed in these older films. That's a reason I like Bamboozled so much, especially the final montage.

3. Bob Furmanek

Bob Furmanek Insider
    Insider

I wouldn't even count on trailers. These films were released by Monogram, and I don't think very many of their trailer elements survive.

Mantan Moreland is terrific in these films, and it'll be a treat to see these again!

4. Steve...O

Steve...O Producer

Steve
    At a fantastic pre-order price of about $8 per film (if ordered in the box set) I'm not expecting extras. Like Bob said, I doubt if many trailers for Monograms still exist.

The artwork on the box and the keepcases is quite attractive which earns it bonus points. MGM deserves kudos for making this an attractive set at an even more attractive price.

Steve