What's new

Charlie Chan Chanthology any news on extras?? (1 Viewer)

Steve_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve Smith
I know the set is due out in July 6th (I think) :) but I haven't seen any sign of what extras might be included. Has anyone heard of any trailers or interviews or (gasp :D ) commentaries on all the films? (ok I'm really not thinking that will happen) LOL

Lyle H.

Stunt Coordinator
I'm guessing just a trailer, like most MGM releases. I'm going to get it. I think these films aren't the best films in the world, but they are fun, and I'm fascinated the way blacks and chinese were portrayed in these older films. That's a reason I like Bamboozled so much, especially the final montage.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
I wouldn't even count on trailers. These films were released by Monogram, and I don't think very many of their trailer elements survive.

Mantan Moreland is terrific in these films, and it'll be a treat to see these again!

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
At a fantastic pre-order price of about $8 per film (if ordered in the box set) I'm not expecting extras. Like Bob said, I doubt if many trailers for Monograms still exist.

The artwork on the box and the keepcases is quite attractive which earns it bonus points. MGM deserves kudos for making this an attractive set at an even more attractive price.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks