What's new

'Charade' Question (Spoilers) (1 Viewer)

JonS

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this film for the first time last night, I loved it. I have one question, though.

I am not a stamp collector or anything, but wouldn't the act of actually using the stamps by putting them onto an envelope, seriously de-value them?

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
I wouldn't think so, given the stamp itself is still intact. There'd just be a layer of paper attached to the back of it. Any stamp collectors on the Forum that could give a definitive answer?

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
I'm thinking this discussion might require SPOILER tags, as this is a major plot point in the film's climax... or am I being over-sensitive?

EDIT: Oops... forgot about the subject header... :b

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It is, but the thread title does have the word "Spoilers" in it. That's probably all you need for a movie of this vintage.

As for the stamp, I'd assume it would retain its value as long as it isn't canceled. But, I'm nowhere near an expert.

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
Usually, they would go down in value. If I had to do something like that, I'd probably use that art gum glue so that they could be rubbed off without any damage being done to them.

However, if a stamp is one of a kind, who could argue over what it is worth?

I was a collector when the movie came out, and I checked their prices and they weren't really worth half that much, but it was just a movie, and a great one!

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks