What's new

changing stock honda accord head-unit (1 Viewer)

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey all -

anyone know if there are any "catches" to replacing the head-unit on a stock 94 accord? or will a quick wiring harness adaptor do the trick?

the only reason i ask is because i remember the total nightmare it was to change out the unit in my rx-7. that thing had amps under the seats, some funky negative ground for the power antenna, etc.

more than likely, i'll go with some alpine unit...since i already have the alpine changer in the trunk.

thx!

ted

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
No sir - easy as pie. Couple of screws on the back of the center console (lift it up, and lift up that little plastic panel to get those out), pull the cupholder and hit the one screw on the top, get the screws on the dash bezel, and out she comes (you have to move the center console part back to get to it).

Pick up a standard Honda harness and install kit from your local Best Buy and go to town. Put the kit in BEFORE you put the cage in though - Honda kits typically have to go in at an angle, and they flex more without a cage in them.

Have fun - it shouldn't take you more than an hour at the most.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
hey kurt - thx for the info. sounds like a pretty straightforward install.

good tip on the cupholder/center console. that should be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks