What's new

Center speaker stand to tilt toward listening area? (1 Viewer)

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
I am looking for a stand to sit on top of a 64 inch RPTV that would allow me to angle my M&K 150THX center toward listening area. M&K used to make a small base ST stand but it has been discontinued. The big base ST stand is way to heavy, 52lbs to be exact.

Anyone have any ideas on where to find a short speaker stand that is tiltable?

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Hey that's a great idea! I wanted something adjustable however, but I am going to try the door stop and see what kind of tilt I can get with out the speaker sliding off the TV.

Thanks!

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
I use a CD jewel case under the back edge of the center channel. Slide in in or out to adjust the angle.
By no means scientific, but it works! :)

George Martin

Stunt Coordinator
I have one. It has adjustable spiked feet in the rear with two steel disc to keep from scratching with the spikes.it also has two 1/2" lips in the front to keep the speaker from sliding of of the stand. It also has adjustable width and is made off steel. It worked out great for me while I was using it but once I had my gear installed inwall I no longer needed it so I threw in the closet. I think I paid about $50.00 for it.

Mark R O

Stunt Coordinator
Lovan makes 3 different sizes. All are a triangular steel plate with adjustable, screw in feet. Simple and very effective.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I use two rubber door stops, too. Since they are wedge-shaped, they are adjustable up to a certain point (well within my needs). This is a great, inexpensive solution if you cannot find a stand that suits your needs.

Eujin

Supporting Actor
Well, here's one that I haven't heard anyone mention yet. I have my center channel mounted on the floor, angled up toward my listening position. The stand I have for it was made from items purchased at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Basically, all you need are a solid maple cutting board (without feet) and those door-knob like things that are screwed into the ends of big wooden curtain rods. I simply screwed those curtain rod thingies under the front edge of the cutting board so that I could get the tilt and placed my center channel on the board. That's it. Before this, I'd had the center channel on a short speaker stand that I'd modified from an existing one, with door stops used to angle it properly.

I prefer the floor-mounted solution as the speaker is now more stable and in less danger of falling off the stand (important if you have things like pets or clumsy house guests). I've also noticed that I have a smoother front soundstage, with better definition and integration with the fronts. Total cost was under $40 and took about 10 minutes to assemble.

Phil_DC

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info,

I ordered a set of MoPads, they are plenty cheap enough to try out. Lovan has a Center Director (Adjustable-Center channel speaker stand), if the Mopads don't do it for me I am going to get one of those.

As of right now though the CD case seems to be doing the trick.

DerekF

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know if any company makes a CC stand that is a giant "C" shape, with a flat platform that slides under the rear of the RPTV, then an adjustable tray that is suspended above the screen?

I was thinking about making one if it's not available commercially.......

Users who are viewing this thread