What's new

Center speaker as left and right (1 Viewer)

binny911

Auditioning
Real Name
Vince
Hi All,
I have the opportunity to pick up two Pioneer SP-C21 center speakers at a great price. Does anyone see a reason I would not be able to use them as left and right speaker in my rig?
Thanks for your time.
Binny

binny911

Auditioning
Real Name
Vince
Thanks for the reply Sam.
I guess my main concern was with having two woofers. And if it would improve low end response or diminish the high end...

BrennanOSD

Agent
Real Name
Brennan
Having three identical center channels upfront (1 horizontal, 2 vertical) is actually a recommended setup. This way you have identical tweeters and woofers, so you'll have the same quality of sound coming out.
- Brennan, OSD Audio

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If the crossover was designed to work with the speaker in a horizontal orientation, you probably want to keep them that way.

BrennanOSD

Agent
Real Name
Brennan
Robert_J said:
If the crossover was designed to work with the speaker in a horizontal orientation, you probably want to keep them that way.
The crossover doesn't have much to do with the direction of the speaker. The tweeter is the most important factor here, and would still be operating the same.
Brennan, OSD Audio

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks