1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Center channel

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Adam_Bailey, Feb 17, 2003.

1. Adam_Bailey

Adam_Bailey Member

I have Energy c5 speakers I've bought for front channels. I'm going to be using a projector and screen, so I don't need the center channel to be shielded. What I'd like to do is just get a thrid c5 and use for the center channel. Anyone see anything wrong with that?

Also, as far as a subwoofer. Are there any situations where using a sub would give you a less accurate sound or even less bass? I guess my thinking is, with a more powerful center channel perfectly matched with the side channels, it would have less need to compensate with a sub.

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

That's actually preferable (using the same speaker across the front) because the panning across the speakers will sound very coherent.

3. Terry.P

Terry.P Well-Known Member

The on problem is trying to buy one C5 as they come in pairs. Current, solution is the C-C1. If you wait a month you can get the new Energy Connoseuir C-C3. It's a 3 way, dual 6-1/2 woofer, dual 2" mid, 1" dome arrangement. It'll be awesome, and about $600 US retail.

4. PaulDF

PaulDF Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but isn't the crossover in a center channel speaker designed with center channel material in mind? I have heard of people doing it both ways, but I kinda figured a speaker designed to be a center channel would perform better? I could be wrong... [​IMG]

5. Lee Carbray

Lee Carbray Well-Known Member

6. Adam_Bailey

Adam_Bailey Member

I've been a little worried about whether or not you can get them individually. I bought my first two from "hooked on tronics" online, good prices. It looks to me like they allow for a purchase of one but I'll probably call first.

Hopefully I'll be getting my amp soon so I can say how much I like them, its driving me crazy, but when your doing the whole room from the ground up on a budget, it takes time to get everything.

I can say I liked them compared to the boston accoustics, bose, and klipsche as I heard them in the store. But I havn't listened to NHTs, I've heard some like those better (for the price range).

7. Terry.P

Terry.P Well-Known Member

8. Jose G

Jose G Well-Known Member

9. JakeMcM

JakeMcM Well-Known Member

gotta have a sub

10. steve nn

steve nn Well-Known Member

Adam> Go with the best sub your budget allows. HT demands it and it will make a huge difference. You can trust me on this.

11. Scott Sabin

Scott Sabin Well-Known Member

HookedOnTronics sells single towers, but not single bookshelves for the Energy C-series. I personally am studying the same exact issue, but I doubt I will be able to fit a tower under the screen in an upright orientation. That sure would be nice though!

12. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Well-Known Member

I say do it towers all up front. I have the c5's in the front will transition those to the back, as i am going to receive c9's very very soon.[​IMG]

I work for a retailer and YOU CAN BUY C5'S EACH! enjoy your speakers!