What's new

center channel speaker?? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
I bought a 36" tv a couple months ago and have some Purity problems with it in the corners, I believe it MAY be affected by my speakers.
I moved the front speakers out about 1.5 feet from the tv but I have no other place to put my center channel speaker except for on top of the tv which may be causing the purity problem.

Where else could i put the center channel speaker?

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well ontop of the TV or below the TV is usually the desired area. Any other place wouldn't really be ideal as it would then sound as if it weren't coming from where the person was talking unfortunatly.

JamesCB

Second Unit
Are you saying your center channel is causing distortion in your TV picture? Center channels should be magneticly sheilded well. If that is the case, I would consider fixing or replacing the center.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
Are you saying your center channel is causing distortion in your TV picture? Center channels should be magneticly sheilded well. If that is the case, I would consider fixing or replacing the center
i am not sure what is causing the purity. i am saying it may be my speakers.

what part of buffalo are you from jamesCB?

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Why don't you take the speaker away and see if the problem persists? If it is the center channel causing the distortion it is defective and should be replaced or repaired.

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
well i wrote in another post a couple days ago......i can adjust the purity to look pretty well, then if i wake up in morning and turn tv on, it is bad again.

sounds weird but true.

JackS

Supporting Actor
I really don't understand how you are able to adjust your TV, because I believe that the magnet in the center channel is not adequately shielded and is causing your problem. I would remove the center Speaker for a few days and see if your problem doesn't dissapear. It might take a day or so for your picture tube to return to normal if this was indeed the cause. Good Luck

Jeremy Scott

Second Unit
i can adjust the tv through the menu. It has a purity adjustment.
a couple times at night when i adjusted it, i would wake up in the morning and it would look like crap again.

strange but true.

Could a subwoofer too close to a tube cause a bad picture?
I have also heard to not have a computer sub real close to the monitor

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
What the heck is a "purity" adjustment!??!?

Why do TV makers feel the need to confuse consumers by labeling simle adjustments like "white level" and "black level" with TOTALLY confusing names... :angry:

/end rant :D

DavidQc

Stunt Coordinator
hi guys,
can anyone help?
i'm having a similar problem, with my Onkyo speaker set.

with all the reviews, there were no mention of this interference.
i've had the speakers sitting close to the tv, center speaker right on top of my tv for 10 months now.

today it finally appeared.
with a blue screen, the upper right corner is green.

now the green hue remains on the tv screen.

how can this color distortion be repaired on the tv?
is it a permanent problem?

should i get Onkyo to replace the speakers?

thanks,
dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks