What's new

Censorship_ON O&A Suspended 30 Days by XM (1 Viewer)

Brent T

Second Unit

Great line!

I think the main reason Stern gets away with what he does is that there is actual comedy and parody involved in what he does. When I use to listen to OnA ( years ago) it just seemed like they were trying very hard to be outrageous and controversial instead of poking fun. Now I dont think they should be censored, however as a business man it all comes down to the dollars.

Stern would not have been fired for what Imus said, but O and A might have been.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
The cold truth is: if you're ratings are through the roof, you get a hell of a lot more leeway then if they aren't. Your station will stand behind you.

Ask a small-time broadcaster in St. Louis who made a slip of tongue regarding Condi Rice.. while talking about potential future NFL Commissioner, he said "I think she'd be a great choice, I mean a great choice.. She wants the job. She’s just got a patent resume, of somebody that’s got such serious skill, and she's African-American, which would be a big coon.. oh my god.."

The kid mean to say "Big coup" but he screwed up, and 8 hours later he was FIRED.

The kid was trying to praise the woman, and he had a brain fart and he lost his job. But the reason why he lost his job was partly the words, but it was a lot about the fact that his ratings weren't that great to begin with.

Now, that case ended well (the local NAACP and others came to his rescue and said he obviously didn't mean it in any racist way and should not lose his job, and he is working again to my knowledge) but if his ratings were good, his company would have stood behind him and said "look, it was just a slip of the tongue because you don't slander someone in the middle of praising them.."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks