1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

CD Player Recommendation

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Ben Lindell, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Ben Lindell

Ben Lindell Member

I recently bought a Denon DRA-685 stereo reciever paired with a set of JBL S-26II's for my college dorm room. i am currently running the system off of my computer/portable CD player but the sound coming from both of these is lacking.
    What would be a good CD player to look into to match with my setup and my limited budget?

Thank you

2. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Well-Known Member

First thing that came to my mind is a Denon DCM-370 factory refurbished on www.ecost.com for $79.99. ecost is a factory authorized Denon refurbished reseller, and it comes with a 90 day warranty. I briefly demoed a 370 in my system and it sounded pretty good. At that price, though, you can't go wrong as long as there are no problems on the refurbished side. I've seen people who have had tremendous luck and some people with not so good luck. Definitely worth considering though.

3. ReggieW

ReggieW Well-Known Member

Ben,

What is your budget? If it's under $200.00 then I would definitely second Ben's suggestion. The 370 also has HDCD decoding and pretty nice Burr Brown DAC's for the money. If you can spend closer to $350.00, I would say the Sony SCD-C222es SACD/CD changer (you'll get SACD to boot) or the NAD 521i which can be had for around the same price or a little less and also has HDCD deconding. The Music Hall CD25 and Nad 541i (which I have) can also be had for around $350.00 used/refurbished on audiogon.

Reg

4. Ben Lindell

Ben Lindell Member

As a poor college student, my budget is certainly under 200.
    I have been looking at the Denon CD Players to match with my current setup. The DCM-370 looks like a great CD player for the money. I cant find any denon CD players on ecost.com though. Maybe it was just a special.

5. Sathyan

Sathyan Well-Known Member

6. Jon_Welker

Jon_Welker Well-Known Member

7. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Well-Known Member

Anything here tickle your fancy? $2.95 s/h