What's new

CBS Press Release: Petticoat Junction Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
David Lambert said:
That's unfortunate, because at TVShowsOnDVD.com we NEVER cover items which are available only at one brick-and-mortar retailer, at the expense of all the others. If this title becomes available for general release later on, then we will cover it.
Real simple question. Why????? There is no legitimate reason for this. Seeing as how Ronald, who is reported to be the owner, reported the press release. I'm not fully understanding of what's happening. I truly feel clarification is in or order. Something makes no sense here.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
shoeshineboy said:
David, can you tell me why this policy exists? Walmart is not an exclusive club and is accessible to anyone; to me, Time-Life has a more prohibitive purchase scheme, and I was under the impression you report their initial offerings. Also, your website title is TV shows on DVD, not TV shows on DVD available through mass purchase ... Thanks.
Wal-Mart doesn't ship internationally, so therefore it IS exclusive.

John Karras

Second Unit
Real Name
Lawrence
classicmovieguy said:
Wal-Mart doesn't ship internationally, so therefore it IS exclusive.
And neither does Warner Archive, who won't even consider shipping to Canada, but their releases get reported.

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Perhaps they can report the release as any other news item, but avoid specifically mentioning who the retailer is. This way fans who otherwise may not be aware of the release will learn that it is indeed coming after several years, and can then seek out the retailer info elsewhere. Is that an option?

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
IntoIt said:
Ron, who is that in your avatar? Meredith MacRae?

I also notice at Sitcoms Online, you have a picture of someone in TV Magazine in your avatar. Is it also Meredith as well?
Sorry it took so long to respond, but I've been away from my computer all day, but she is Inger Stevens as other members have already confirmed.
Her show, The Farmer's Daughter, premiered the same year as Petticoat Junction so it is also celebrating its 50th anniversary!

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Let me be clear. I absolutely detest Wal-Mart. I'd rather saw off my own foot than shop there, but I will definitely be front and center on day one for these two releases.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Frank Soyke said:
Let me be clear. I absolutely detest Wal-Mart. I'd rather saw off my own foot than shop there, but I will definitely be front and center on day one for these two releases.
I think Walmart is a great place to shop for lots of things.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
maskedmala said:
Any particular reason for that hate?
Excessive crowds, rude customers stepping all over you, and huge check out lines. The lower prices aren't worth having my social anxiety disorder go out of control. I'll stick with on-line shopping or Target, thanks.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Not exactly the place to discuss this topic, but I also have a lot of disdain for Wal-Mart for putting all the mom and pop stores and smaller retailers out of business only to hire their employees and then pay them squat wages. IMO other than Target and Best Buy (which probably will be bankrupt soon), Wal-Mart has become a virtual monopoly of the retail goods industry, not accounting for on-line retailers like Amazon. People don't want to admit it because of the prices, but, to me Wal-Mart is a virtual anti-trust nightmare

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Ronald Epstein said:
...then you gotta keep worrying about getting undercut
by Mr. Hainey who always has some sort of deal going
in the back of the truck.
I didn't think he was on Petticoat Junction, just Green Acres? It's been so long since I've watched PJ that I could be wrong.

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Ron1973 said:
I didn't think he was on Petticoat Junction, just Green Acres? It's been so long since I've watched PJ that I could be wrong.
While Hainey was primarily a Green Acres character, he did make at least 1 or 2 crossover appearances. I seem to remember one later PJ episode where he tried to sell Steve and Betty Jo a new house. One of the houses he took them to see was the house they already owned.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Ronald Epstein said:
...then you gotta keep worrying about getting undercut
by Mr. Hainey who always has some sort of deal going
in the back of the truck.
"Joe, have I got a deal for you!"

2z6trpi.jpg

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
I just saw this on Facebook and it does seem odd. Petticoat Junction was 34 episodes that season according to the syndication bible. Eleven hours and 27 minutes seems like a short running time. Even figuring a running time of 22 minutes (if they're edited/time compressed) doesn't even add up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks