What's new

CBS April Releases Should Be Announced This Week. (1 Viewer)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Probably Tuesday! Thoughts?

Gunsmoke? Bonanza? A Surprise?

The only thing I can make a pretty good prediction on is that we won't see Rawhide, Laverne and Shirley, or Dynasty this soon. Plus, BH and PJ haven't had any new seasons remastered yet.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
Is there any chance CBS will go back to "The Untouchables" and show the 2-part pilot episode as presented on the Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, as opposed to the version titled "The Scarface Mob?"

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
ljgranberry said:
Is there any chance CBS will go back to "The Untouchables" and show the 2-part pilot episode as presented on the Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse, as opposed to the version titled "The Scarface Mob?"
Season 1 / Volume 1 has the 2-part pilot, including the intros by Desi Arnaz.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to guess Bonanza season set 7 (which will start including some of the "lost" episodes, and Now and Again. Just so that CBS/Paramount can mix it up. James

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I read CBS has the "Ownership Rights" to my two favorite Animated Shows, Hot Wheels & Skyhawks. Release these two and I'll be eating out of their hands. I don't care if you charge $500.00 for each show. Release them and I'll buy them! :biggrin:

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Regulus said:
I read CBS has the "Ownership Rights" to my two favorite Animated Shows, Hot Wheels & Skyhawks. Release these two and I'll be eating out of their hands. I don't care if you charge $500.00 for each show. Release them and I'll buy them! :biggrin:
companies like that kind of attitude.James

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
JMas said:
Season 1 / Volume 1 has the 2-part pilot, including the intros by Desi Arnaz.
If this is similar to what I've seen on youtube, then I will pass. I would prefer to have the two-part episodes broken up and shown as presented on their original night of broadcast. Maybe sometime in the future.

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
It looks like the big releases for April are only wide releases of BH and PJ. Seeing as how I bought these several months ago, just a little disappointing.

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
ljgranberry said:
If this is similar to what I've seen on youtube, then I will pass. I would prefer to have the two-part episodes broken up and shown as presented on their original night of broadcast. Maybe sometime in the future.
I don't know what is on YouTube, but it is broken into 2 parts on Season 1 / Volume 1.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
JMas said:
I don't know what is on YouTube, but it is broken into 2 parts on Season 1 / Volume 1
Do they have the stupid "Scarface Mob" credits, or the original Desilu Playhouse credits?

JMas

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Mason
ljgranberry said:
Do they have the stupid "Scarface Mob" credits, or the original Desilu Playhouse credits?
My recollection is that everything is as originally aired, including mention of Westinghouse.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
ljgranberry said:
I looked at it last night. It has the original Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse opening series titles, then the original Desi Arnaz and Walter Winchell openings for both parts one and two, then goes into the regular Scarface Mob main titles and movie.

ljgranberry

Second Unit
Real Name
Larry Granberry
John Hermes said:
I looked at it last night. It has the original Westinghouse Desilu Playhouse opening series titles, then the original Desi Arnaz and Walter Winchell openings for both parts one and two, then goes into the regular Scarface Mob main titles and movie.
Thanks, John. Doesn't sound like what I'm looking for. Too much of a damned purist, I guess.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
It's a pity they're not more active in their MOD department, with a bit of luck we could've seen it all - and more - by now...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks