What's new

CB noise coming through subwoofer (1 Viewer)

AdamLN

Auditioning
Ok,
I have a question I have a Sony Subwoofer, that is receiving CB signals or Radio Frequency signals from my nutt of a neighbor ,who is trying to talk to china ,or mars or something he has this huge antenna he just put up on his roof and I can hear him through my Subwoofer in my theater room and on my computer sub as well.How do I prevent this from happening?My friend told me there is something you can put on the outlet butt he does not remember what it was.So if anybody can help please let me know:confused:

Richard_M

Second Unit
Hi AdamLN

Besides putting a nail through his coax (just kidding here), I would say he is probably using a linear amp or is overdriving his rig, which is probably causing a dirty signal, there could also be other problems like earthing etc.

Try unplugging your rca cable from the back of the sub, and see if the interference stops, (generally what happens is your interconnect acts like an antenna) if this solves the problem I would upgrade the interconnects to RG6 quad shield coax, and also get some ferrite cores or rods to wrap the coax around, put one of these at each end of your interconnect cable, these help prevent RF from traveling up the cable, you may notice your computer monitor cable has them molded into the sheath.

Good luck.

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
receiving CB signals or Radio Frequency signals from my nutt of a neighbor ,who is trying to talk to china ,or mars or something he has this huge antenna he just put up on his roof
Are you sure this fellow is a CB nut? If in fact it is CB and he is running over 5 watts, he's in violation of federal law and a call to the proper authorities would be in order. If he's a ham radio operator, he is probably running a fully legal radio station. In this case talk to him in a friendly manner (don't get angry) and I bet he'll fix the problem for you . . . most hams will do this!

- Bill

(ham radio call AA4M)

AdamLN

Auditioning
Thanks for all your responses.I was just working in my yard and guess who shows up my neighbor telling me my bass sound is going through to his house of course I proceeded to tell him I wouldn't have it up that loud ,if it wasn't for his conversations coming through on my sub.I told him I would look into a filter butt Ill try what you guys told me to do first. Thanks again

Adam

LeagalBeagle

Auditioning
Real Name
Steven William Leak
And if it were me as I'm in the process of doing I'd let them know privately and publicly that it was disturbing the peace,disturbing my elderly and sickly parents,that it was a violation of several other state and indeed one federal law. And that perhaps they had not enjoyed having to take off from work to appear in court while someone filed with their lawyer legal documents that would have them arrested and would require them to be in court and that I had the money to take it as far as was possible if they did not turn it down so as not to be damaging and disturbing.
There is an old adage in law "coming to the problem" did you come to the problem or did it come to you , in my case it came to us this gives further standing.Plus with my own system rented for recording purposes,and with directional mics I have further standing I would strongly suggest them to take their noise elsewhere. LB

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks