What's new

Castle - season 5 thread (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
LOL @ Bob Pinciotti as a mob boss. Weird, because he was in an ad for another show, too. I'm glad the chief turned out to be just a dummy and not the killer.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Greg_S_H said:
LOL @ Bob Pinciotti as a mob boss. Weird, because he was in an ad for another show, too. I'm glad the chief turned out to be just a dummy and not the killer.
The chief was just too obvious a red herring. I wondered why we hadn't seen much of that deputy he kept talking about, so I kind of suspected him.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
LOL @ Bob Pinciotti as a mob boss. Weird, because he was in an ad for another show, too.
Don Stark guess starred in Sunday evening's The Mentalist as a suspect in a murder during a bank robbery. The mob boss appearance in Castle was the shorter and more memorable of the two roles.
Fun episode. I enjoyed how Ryan was more energized by the interrogation of Lerner as it related to Castle's girlfriend vs. the homicide case.
- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Last night was a nice return to a heavy episode. The return of the 3XK killer was a surprise and it looks like he probably wasn't killed at the end.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
It was a suspenseful episode, but I always have a knee-jerk reaction to these "super criminals" who can enter any abode without detection, set up the completely innocent to take falls through some superhuman mastery of all computers, and move through the world with absolutely no one in the near vicinity to stop them or even see them.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Fair enough point Matt. It is a TV show though. :)
Well, now everyone knows Beckett and Castle are lovers except the Captain.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I would imagine that the security at Castle's residence and building would be fairly tight and yet there was no surveillance footage of the 3XK killer? Or, at the Police Station? Does seem kind of weak.
Still though - I agree that it was nice return to a darker theme. For me, in some ways it was very reminiscent of Jagged Edge.
- Walter.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I really wanted Castle to say, "If something happens to me, make sure Alexis and my mother are safe." The killer mentioned them both, so them as a revenge target should have been a priority for Castle.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
The sci-fi convention murder seems to have become the premise dujour.
It was fun though. Too bad I don't know the Firefly series very much. But I guess Castle's very quick references to only 12 episode was a reference to Firefly, yet at the same time, the Joss Whedon remark was the more direct reference to Firefly. At least he liked Star Trek!
Interesting casting to have Armin Shimmerman formerly Quark as the sci fi merchandise dealer and hiring Jonathan Frakes to direct.
I'm kinda surprised they do these kinds of episodes to show a geekier side of Beckett. It felt too much like a CSI episode from 2 or three years ago where Wendy and Hodges are fans of a cheesy Galaxy Quest series.
Oh yeah, the bit with Alexis was amusing, if wierd. I wish I could unsee that. :)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Nelson Au /t/323991/castle-season-4-thread/30#post_3998284
The sci-fi convention murder seems to have become the premise dujour.
It was fun though. Too bad I don't know the Firefly series very much. But I guess Castle's very quick references to only 12 episode was a reference to Firefly, yet at the same time, the Joss Whedon remark was the more direct reference to Firefly. At least he liked Star Trek!
Interesting casting to have Armin Shimmerman formerly Quark as the sci fi merchandise dealer and hiring Jonathan Frakes to direct.
I'm kinda surprised they do these kinds of episodes to show a geekier side of Beckett. It felt too much like a CSI episode from 2 or three years ago where Wendy and Hodges are fans of a cheesy Galaxy Quest series.
Oh yeah, the bit with Alexis was amusing, if wierd. I wish I could unsee that.

Really? My wife commented that she was quite a dish in the outfit, I tended to agree.

The casting of Armin was fantastic, such a pitch back to his SciFi roots, loved it. Actually, I liked the whole episode, thought it was a lot of fun.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
This last episode was super-silly and super fun! Lots of SF references especially Star Trek ones. Even swung a track from Shatner's rather excellent, 'Has Been' album to close out the episode.
Kate's reaction shots were great and, of course, Castle was a hoot.
Loved Jonathon Frakes - who directed the episode - playing Castle's 'Number One' fan at the beginning.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Light, but fun episode.
Some of the references / tie-ins that I caught...
"Shiny" - catch phrase from Firefly uttered by Castle in the opening of this episode.
12 episodes - reference to Firefly.
Armin Shimmerman obviously. Loved the '70s futuristic font T-Shirt "Han shot first"
Erin Way - She joined the cast of Alphas in season 2.
Castle's impressions of Kirk and Picard.
Frakes - as Lou pointed out.
Other random thoughts...
I did like Beckett's defense of the series and how Lt. Chloe made her feel like she could accomplish anything.
Without trying to sound too pervy, Alexis is definitely a young woman now.
It did feel like the CSI episode from a few years back, but that's okay.
- Walter.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
mattCR said:
Really?  My wife commented that she was quite a dish in the outfit, I tended to agree.
Matt, I was trying to quote what Castle said after Beckett pulled Castle away from Alexis, I think he said words to the effect that he wished he could unsee what he saw! It was a funny subtle line.
I didn't even notice Frakes did a cameo! I just tried to see the episode with the ABC app, but the video doesn't seem to be up yet. I'll have to see that!
Agreed , I liked Beckett's defense of Nebula 9 too.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
One other reference...
Creavers = Reavers (the baddies in the Firefly universe.)
After the line Nelson is referencing, Beckett messes with Castle's mind after he talks to Alexis by suggesting that she could wear something like that for him (engage in cosplay). Castle: "What? I'm confused." (or something like that.)
- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks