What's new

Castle - season 2 (1 Viewer)

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
It'd be nice since things are looking up if that would mean a Blu-ray release of the show. I missed the first season of this show so I bought the DVD to catch up. Then I had to buy the first two episodes of this season on the Xbox Live Marketplace and the HD was so much better than the DVDs, as you'd expect. I'd like to be able to collect this show on Blu.

I'm glad to hear ABC did this though, this show is very fun to follow and the last couple have been really good.

Robert Watson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Robert Watson
I love the show Castle. I've been hooked on the show halfway through the end of the first season. I now have the DVD of the first season of Castle. I hope the show keeps growing. I will be glad when the new episodes begin airing in March.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I loved the first half of the "Castle" TV movie, which they've apparently decided to split into two regular episodes. Dana Delany is great as as the FBI agent who is essentially Beckett with twenty years more experience and confidence. More importantly, it brings things full circle with another serial killer driven by Castle's works. Wonderful character moments matched with a worthy mystery plot.
My only problem? ABC's decision to spoil the identity of the serial killer in the promo immediately following the episode.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I liked it too. It also felt like a pilot for a new show for Dana. She was good, I thought she was a bit 2 dimensional till they reveal she's a Mom. The bit where Castle was getting into the FBI toys and tech was great.

I'm betting Beckett jumped back into the shower.

Did they really spoil the killer? I saw the trailer too, but I never trust them. They are to tease you.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
My only problem with this episode was that it really exposed the limitations of filming a show in Los Angeles that is set in NYC. When the crime takes place on a generic street corner it's fine, but it just looks sloppy when you're faking landmarks. That obviously wasn't the interior of Grand Central, for example, and that obviously wasn't the carousel in Central Park. The show's pilot, which was filmed in New York City, showcased what could have been possible for this series. Even building in a few weeks of location shooting a season like "Always Sunny in Philadelphia" does for scenes like these would make a big difference. I'm sure the budget on "Castle" is larger than the budget on "Sunny".

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Last night's TV ratings are in!!

Boosted by the lead-in from the record premier of "Dancing With The Stars", Castle won its 10 o’clock time period in Total Viewers (12.9 million) and Adults 18-49 (3.6/10), defeating an original of CBS’ veteran CSI: Miami for the first time ever.

Castle also achieved series highs with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Great wrap up from last week. I dislike the go to super-high-tech, so I'l be glad to see them go back to the standard white board. But, good stuff. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone see the Castle promo during DwtS? Yowza, Beckett in red looked hot! (It's the one with the pool table crime scene and Castle has a fantasy sequence going on in his head).

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I saw the promo, it was pretty well done. Good acting. Nathan's reaction when he came out of the fantasy was well done! Beckett was a knock-out!

For them to do a promo like that means ABC must like the show and it's doing well!

As for the actual part 2 episode, that was pretty well done. I like how Dana Delany's character and past characters are all saying how obvious it is Castle and Beckett show such a chemistry.

And it's refreshing this show is having the female lead be the one whose tougher then the male lead when it came to the climax of the case and Castle's aim was a lucky shot. I saw that one coming!

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Castle may have finally crossed the line with this one. I can buy a writer shadowing a detective. I can buy a civilian outsmarting the cops. But a novelist having any say over who gets cast in a film? This I can't believe. Not even Stephen King or John Grisham gets that kind of input. (Unless they're also producing or directing, as King has done at least once or twice.)

I kept thinking about the old joke. You know, "Did you hear about the blonde actress? She went to Hollywood and f***d the writer."

Aside from that, a very enjoyable episode.

Regards,

Joe

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
JK Rowling sat in on all of the auditions :) And "Twilight" writer had a big input as well. I think some of that has changed, as the writers started to work on making themselves celebs. :)

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's just wanting to be celebs... it's also not wanting to see their work taken to left field from their vision. Previously, writers just felt lucky to have their works adapted. But after many bad experiences, some of the more powerful ones are saying, "You know what? I'd like to have some input to make sure you do justice to my work."

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
First of all its complete fiction. I throw out logic and just enjoy the ride and its a good one. Great episode.

But a novelist having any say over who gets cast in a film? This I can't believe. Not even Stephen King or John Grisham gets that kind of input. (Unless they're also producing or directing, as King has done at least once or twice.)

He can put whatever stipulations on it when he sells the rights.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks