What's new

Directors Casting the Dukes of Hazzard Tournament (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Good points, Brad. I just thought of John Goodman who would make a good Boss Hogg. :)

I finished off the Deputy Enos roster by adding Jeff Daniels and Rick Moranis. Also finished off the Bo Duke roster by adding Russell Crowe and Matthew McConaughey.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
...and Matthew McConaughey.
Hmmmm, David Wooderson as Bo Duke. I like it! :D

"Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some fuckin' muscle."

Brad

Chucky P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Charles Paulsen
I was wondering if Jack Black could pull off the Luke sliding across The General Lee hood move, and if he can I would like to see him do it.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Sheryl Crow wins 3 - 2.
Bruce Campbell wins 3 - 2.
The A-Team wins 3 - 2.

Round 1 - Bracket 4 - Bo Duke

Jake Busey vs. Seann William Scott

Round 1 - Bracket 5 - Cooter Davenport

Bill Murray vs. Will Sasso

Round 1 - Bracket 6 - Jefferson Davis 'Boss' Hogg

Rodney Dangerfield vs. Anthony Hopkins

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Bo Duke should be a stupid man in an obvious but endearing way. Jake Busey can convey stupid, but I've never seen him pull off endearing. Seann William Scott might be able to pull it off. Take his character from Evolution and hick him up a little bit and he has a chance.

Bill Murray is just too old for Cooter. He's also not at all Southern, and I really don't want to see him try to be. Will Sasso has played the friendly, good-ol' boy roles before (Best In Show). He'd have to cut back on some of the idiot manchild nuances that he usually brings to the role, but he can assume the role of Cooter without being a distraction. He's also lost quite a bit of weight recently, so he could be believable in a bar fight at the Boar's Nest.

Neither Rodney Dangerfield nor Anthony Hopkins are right for Boss Hogg. Rodney's got that New York accent and Hopkins wouldn't look right as the flustered, bewildered, clueless bigwig.

So, Scott, Sasso, abstain.

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
My votes:

Seann William Scott
Bill Murray
Rodney Dangerfield

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Seann William Scott wins 3 - 1.
Bill Murray wins 3 - 2.
Rodney Dangerfield wins 2 - 1.

Round 1 - Bracket 7 - Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane

Fred Ward vs. Ray Liotta

Round 1 - Bracket 8 - Deputy Enos Strate

Randy Quaid vs. Tom Hanks

Round 1 - Bracket 9 - Uncle Jesse Duke

Wilford Brimley vs. Robert Duvall

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I agree. Unfortunately, it's too late to add him to the roster. :frowning:

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Fred Ward vs. Ray Liotta
Randy Quaid vs. Tom Hanks
Wilford Brimley vs. Robert Duvall

Hmmmm... Fred Ward is a maybe, but Ray Liotta is a no frickin' way. Even with the top of his skull removed he isn't incompetent enough to portray Roscoe P. Coltrane.

Uhhh... Randy Quaid could probably be cast somewhere, but not as Enos. Enos has a level of effeteness that Randy does not possess. Tom Hanks is a serious no. What are you trying to do to the budget of this picture?

Wilford Brimley could work, but I'd need the phrase "food boner in my Bermuda shorts" to appear in the script somewhere. :D I like Robert Duvall too much to saddle him with this movie.

So, Ward, abstain, Brimley.

I'm definitely putting way too much thought into this. :D

Brad

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
And don't forget the bullet-time Uncle Jesse vs. Boss Hogg wire-fu battle set to a techno beat.
Hey, why don't you just give away the entire friggin' plot? Next time, use spoiler tags!!! :angry:

I do have some bad news: those uptight studio heads are insisting that we shoot for a PG rating which means we'll have to ditch the Daisy Duke skinny-dipping scene. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks