What's new

Directors cast & crew draft (1 Viewer)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
George, may I suggest that you keep a list of who's in the tourney in your first post? Your Directors draft has been very confusing for me because I don't know who comes before or after who. I look in the first post and there's no list of people, then I have to go searching for the information. Then I forget the next time I need to know. The "Up next" & "On deck" is vital for me to keep track of when I'm up, but a full list still helps mentally, knowing if there's 10 people ahead of me, or 8, or 5.

Pretty please, with an "I'll never bother you about not liking Titanic again" on top?

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OK, only 1 more slot left.

Justin,

I don't want to eliminate the charactor actor slot, but I am going to add the composer slot, as I think that is indeed a good one in which people could come up with enough selections. Good idea!

Vickie,

I will try to remember to put a list in the first post, although it will change every round in order to be fair. Please feel free to remind me if I forget (I never go back to first posts in other threads, so I don't usually think to update it in my own).

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I would also encourage people to start thinking about the type of movie you want to "produce". Just picking your favorites in each category may lead to kind of a mish-mash. At least think about whether you're going for a comedy or a drama or a hard-core remake of some best picture winner or whatever. :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I will try to remember to put a list in the first post, although it will change every round in order to be fair. Please feel free to remind me if I forget (I never go back to first posts in other threads, so I don't usually think to update it in my own).
You don't have to change it every round. Once the lineup is set, just put that list in the first post and forget about it. What happens within the draft won't change the basic lineup. It'll be up to me (or anyone else) to read up or down the list. I just want the names.

Thanks!

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Glad you were thinking along the lines of Justin’s suggestion George. I too think that every movie needs a score. And there are plenty to choose from.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it'll be that simple. There may be a round for example when we start with #5 and go up to #1 then to #16 up to #6. I really think I'm going to have to change the order each time.

Current participants:

George Kaplan
Jan H
Gabe D
Angelo.M
SteveGon
Lew Crippen
ChuckDeLa
Chris Richard
ErikG
Cary T
John Dhein
Jeff Gross
Steeve Bergeron
Justin Doring
Vickie_M

I can't believe we can't get 1 more person for this draft.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I really think I'm going to have to change the order each time.
Do as you like, but along with your suggestion of modified rules for timing, adding the additional quirk that the batting order is going to change each inning is going to make this less like fun and more like work.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Is it too late to include me?

I always enjoy casting my own dream movies, and I'd love to participate in this.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Please, please, please!

Jeff Gross

Second Unit
I think if you let people pick the different catergories when ever they want, you could go with a simple serpentine draft. IMO, this would add more strategy while keeping it more simple to run and participate in.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
I like the idea of changing up the order for each category (I'm betting george will give himself first pick on directors :D )... however it does have the potential to get very confusing, with long gaps between picks.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I'm with Jeff. Folks will have to prioritize what they draft, and the order remains constant. Makes it fun and less confusing.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
OK, John Kilduff is our final participant.

Frankly, I still think that posting a brand new draft order each time and having each round a single category is the way to go. I also think it would be good if the first round were directors, because that's really going to influence your movie more than anything else. I also think it's going to be more confusing opening up the categories, cause everyone, including me, is going to have to keep track of what they've already picked.

However, if that's how people want to do it, it's fine with me. But, if you make a mistake, and make an illegal pick, the draft will continue, and you will be forced to change it even if it's not until a few hours later that I or someone else realize you made the mistake.

I'll start this draft later today or tonight one way or another, but in the meantime, if you check in, please indicate if you prefer:

a) Differing orders (for fairness) in dedicated rounds (1 round for composers, 1 round for directors, etc.)

or

b) the usual 1-16, 16-1 everyone chooses their nine categories in whatever order they want.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Your tourney George, but I think b has a bit more strategy. And per John’s request if we go with a, he might be disappointed as we have only nine rounds and 16 players. Of course, I’m sure that you will apply a rigorous statistical approach which will ensure fairness for all if you go that way.

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Another suggestion: how about instead of composer, leaving the 9th spot as a "wild card" spot? Some folks might have a fondness for a particular editor, or art director, or costume designer, or maybe just want another co-star.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks