What's new

Cassette recorder only records on one channel. (1 Viewer)

EdNichols

Second Unit
I was recording from a CD to a cassette and only one channel was recording. How do I fix that? Does the tape head need cleaning?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
How was everything hooked up, was it from the cd player directly to the tape recorder, or was it through a receiver or pre-amp, give us some information so we can help you.

EdNichols

Second Unit
From CD to Reciever and from Receiver to cassette deck. Thing is, I have recorded many times before (not lately) and it worked fine. Could it be that I bumped something and knocked a connection loose?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
That could be it, check your connections from the deck to receiver, it sounds like that may be your problem, especially if you move the receiver often to dust or clean behind it.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Also, does your cassette deck have different level controls for each channel? If so, was one turned down all the way?

TomCW

Second Unit
If the cables are all ok, the heads are clean, and if it's an older deck with mechanical switching, it could be a dirty Play/Record Switch.
Toggle between play and record repeatedly and see if it starts working. You may have to 'pop the top' and go after the offender with spray electronics cleaner.
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks