What's new

Casper & Babe: SE - 9/23/03 (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/news/news.asp?Section=2:

Universal have announced that they will release Casper on 23 September 2003. [...] The video will be presented in anamorphic widescreen and the disc will carry a Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 soundtrack. Extra features will include a making-of documentary; filmographies and the trailer. The suggested retail price will be $19.95.
No details on Babe that I can find anywhere yet...

AndyDL

Stunt Coordinator
'Babe' details:

* The Making of Babe
* Babe interactive settop game
* Commentary track by Producer George Miller

AUDIO:

English Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
English DTS 5.1 Surround
French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
Spanish Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround

Dave N.

Stunt Coordinator
I have 7 Border Collies that can't wait for the new Babe! What a night that will be....

Dave

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
Excellent news. I have been patiently waiting for Casper to come to DVD ever since I purchased my first DVD player (3 yrs ago during July 2000). It is excellent that Universal is releaseing on DVD in Widescreen.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
So I finally got around to watching Babe last night. I still love this movie, but I had a question...

While watching it, I noticed that Valdas voice sounded VERY familiar. It was Doris Grau! (i.e. The Critic and The Simpsons), but I then noticed that the credit to Valda was some woman named "Mary Acres". Now there's NO way I could have mistaken Doris's voice, but I also noticed on IMDB.com that she (Doris) was credited with a V.O. - I haven't listened to the commentary yet (which may explain all of this), but did they put Doris's voice over Mary's lines?

I see Doris died in '95 (when Babe came out), but they don't list Babe on her credits page. Now I'm really confused...of course, IMDB doesn't list the Critic, so I guess they don't have updated info (only up to 1989).

:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks