What's new

Casablanca remake- you will not BELIEVE who's starring (1 Viewer)

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
I think this is just another rumour to deflect the bad press that their movie has been receiving. Plus, by the time they would actually get around to filming it, JLo would have already moved onto another chump.

Nathan V

Supporting Actor
Jeffrey, I was poking fun at the fact that most romantic comedies have wildly optimistic, overly cliche endings nowadays.

To whoever said I shouldn't judge Brendan Fraser, I apoligize. You're absolutely correct. He has some outstanding films. But he also has Mummy Returns, which I saw part of last night.

Nathan

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
I want to make one statement about remakes and I think that this is the primary reason, why many people dislike them.

I think that many people, "Non-Film Buffs" will look upon the new version as a replacement, and not an alternate version. Thus, the studios don't have to worry about maintaining that "Old Picture" for a few buffs, plus they can draw in a young crowd of people who don't know any better. I would love to see how many people saw the remake of Psycho, but were never tempted or remotely interested in seeing the original. I'd bet that the number is pretty high. People only seem to get up in arms, when the remake is a virtual copy or when they use the same title. There have been countless movies that have been re-made with a different title, and nobody seems to get up in arms about those. In the end, I guess it's just depressing to throw out Psycho in a converstion only to have everyone around you start talking about "Anne Heche".

That was a little more long-winded than what I wanted to say, but it more or less summarizes how I feel about it. In my opinion, this is why so many people that remakes. I didn't even mention the fact, that it's easy money for the studios to not have to dig-up new and original ideas. We all know, that those are all used up.;)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Eric, the people who would view a remake as a replacement by-and-large wouldn't care about the original anyway. I don't see this as a big concern.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
The chances of this happening, once "Gigli" or "Tough Love" or whatever they're going to call it comes out and tanks, is nil.

But, funny thread anyhow!

Dennis

Second Unit
This whole idea reeks of Hollywood greed, nothing new trying to cash in on the flavor of the month, typical. If this were to ever get off the ground, I would hope that Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck would have the sense to say no.

That being said, I have no problem with Lopez being in anything, she's a top actress, but I don't think Affleck can do justice to a role made famous by Humphrey Bogart. As for Brendan Fraser, he could pull it off, he's that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks