What's new

Cartoon Theories that don't make sense... (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

It's called a case of 'Over Rationalizing Syndrome' and 'Not knowing how to live in the moment' Syndrome. A Common ailment that happens during the teens and twenty's when you spend alot of time reading instead of doing :).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Bash them over the head with a club, shout, 'Captain CaveMan' in victory, grab them by the loin cloth and drag them back to the cave?

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Getting a girlfriend is EASY!!! - it's getting one that is compatible with you (that you're also interested in)....that's the hard part. ;)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Neil, I asked you a very specific question wrt to your inquiry, you've yet to reply, you're awfully quick to give dating advice though.

--
H

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
No more calls, please. We have a winner. (Nitpick: The Long Kiss Goodnight)

Boy, did Geena Davis every look better than in this flick?

We now return you to you regularly scheduled thread, already in progress...

(Between the cold, the medicine and the turns this thread has taken, I'll bet Neil is real confused right now. :))

Joe

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Not as confused as I was last night. I had a bit of a uhm, exorcist moment when my stomach turned the wrong time last night, so I was walking it off around the second floor before trying to lay down. The lights where off upstairs, but there's a window that lets light in. I saw a flash of light by the lamp in my ceiling fan, and I thought the power went out for a breif second. IT w as only a minute or two later that I realised I had the light off when I Saw the flash, and it must have been a reflection from the neighbors security light turning off, wich is damned bright.

Having Colds, and waking fever dreams just sucks

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Do you see any aliens? Any burning sensations in your lower half? Are you sure it was a "exorcist moment" and not beings from another world taking samples?

** See the Aliens and ghosts thread for details. ;)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil

Nope, no aliens. No burning sensations, and I'm not suddenly growing a second one down there so that's good.... Yep, definet(sp) pea soup moment. No more than a minute after I got in the shower with the warm water, and the 65 or so temperature inside, then that's when it happened, but only a little bit. Oh, and a note for those also sick... no matter how thirsty you are, don't slowly drink half a glass of water. That dosn't help the stomach much either, but thankfully no where near as bad as the shower incident. Nothing upchucked that time, heh.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Some people (Not me of course, nor Zen.) pay good money for the equivelent of waking fever dreams.

(Must remember to pick more mushrooms.)

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Neil, cool beans, thanks.

Wouldn't bother me, it's consistent with the universe of the show (as per my dim memories).

--
H

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

OK, I just read this answer and I'm still not sure what you find "highly doubtful". Is it the bouncing a signal off a distant object? "Pre-internet" and "pre-Windows 98" hardly qualifies as "primative" technology. It isn't like either of those things was particularly a technological breakthrough. (And the internet, of course, did exist pre-1996, it had existed since the 1970s in its earilest form. The Wolrd Wide Web - which is not the same thing as "the internet" - was newer and relatively few people had access to either, but they did exist.)

Anyway, if that's your problem all I can say is that we'd already been bouncing energy off closer objects to study them for a long time, so doing so with a distant planet or asteriod (I agree a star would be a poor choice) would be a matter of vastly increasing the signal strength and greatly increasing the tightness and accuracy of the beam, but also wouldn't require any new basic technology. (At present a pencil-thin laser beam sent a mere 250,000 miles to the Moon will spread out to cover a circle 1/4 mile in diameter, so you'd obviouly need a much tighter beam for it to be able to hit a target 10 light years away and still be detectable when it came back to Earth 20 years later.)

Regards,

Joe

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
I always like how in cartoons, a giant magnet will be used to pull everything metal towards it, sometimes from great distances. Where can I get one of these super-magnets? Think of the military applications alone.

Another classic cartoon theory is that you can't fall until the moment you look down and realize you're going to fall.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - and it usually works on objects that are MUCH bigger/heavier than the magnet itself. I mean, in that case, wouldn't the magnet be pulled toward the object and not the other way around?? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks