What's new

Carry On - Where Art Thou? (1 Viewer)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
(Did a search - nada)
What's the situation with the Carry On films and DVD? Now that would be a nice box set. Commentaries would be kinda hard considering most of the original cast are dead and gone but I'd buy bare bones discs if I had to (OAR of course).
Were these movies ever shown in the US (only been here 5 years myself)? If not, I guess R1 DVD is out of the question :frowning:
Anyone have any information?
N

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
All these films are out in R2, most in widescreen. If D-grade tripe like "Are You Being Served" can be released in R1, there's no reason why this vastly superior form of smutty English humour shouldn't also be released, as there's obviously a market for it in the US.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Yes, these films have been released in the U.S.

Anchor Bay is currently working on releasing a whole slew of these titles to DVD and I think they will be releasing them as double features.

Check their website for more info...

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
You might also want to check out COR, BLIMEY! a made for TV movie about the real life "affair' between Sid James & Barbra Windsor while they were making the Carry On films. It was made in England but is available in Canada on DVD. I don't know if it's also out in the U.S.

It's an odd little film as a collection of look-a-likes play such well-loved characters as Sid, Barbra, Charles Hawtrey and Kenneth Williams. Ms. Windsor herself makes a cameo appearance at the finale. I think I preferred to see them as the happy oddballs from the films rather than the slightly sad group the movie displays.Still, you'll probably want to take a look if you're a fan.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting. They've been in the 'last half of 2002' section for ages so I was hoping for some announcement soon.

Thx

N

James Stone

Auditioning
COR BLIMEY is on DVD in N. America through BFS and can be found at Deep Discount DVD for $10.76 (and worth it).
And I have it on good authority that Anchor Bay WILL release twelve CARRY ON titles (in six 'two-fer' editions) by year's end. :)

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Yes, I got Cor, Blimey! at someones suggestion here. A good, fun flick with an interesting look into the background of the Carry On cast. Kenneth Williams was kinda interesting!

N

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks