What's new

Carmen Miranda Collection from Fox- coming in June (1 Viewer)

Joe_Pinney

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joe Pinney
Glad to hear about this! I'll be looking forward to seeing these films! The few Carmen Miranda films I've seen so far have been very enjoyable.

JohnOPR

Stunt Coordinator
Would anyone happen to know if the Harry James orchestra is featured in "If I'm Lucky"?

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

Yeah are there any words on extras yet? This set comes out in less than a month now!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
The extras have been announced and HTF listed them under the press release thread, but here is what was announced:

Doll Face – presented in full screen with English Mono and Stereo sound, Spanish and French subtitles and the following bonus material:
· Isolated Score Track
· Deleted Scene with Optional Commentary by Film Historian John Cork
· Original Theatrical Trailer
· Photo Galleries

If I'm Lucky – presented in full screen with English Mono and Stereo sound, Spanish and French subtitles and the following bonus material:
· Isolated Score Track
· Excerpts from Singing With The Stars featuring Carmen Miranda
· Photo Galleries including advertising collateral, behind-the-scenes, portraits and more

Something For The Boys –– presented in full screen with English Mono and Stereo sound, Spanish and French subtitles and the following bonus material:
· Carmen Miranda: That Girl >From Rio Documentary – four part documentary including “Coming to America,” “The Spirit Of Brazil,” “Hollywood” and “After Fox”
· Photo Galleries

Greenwich Village – presented in full screen with English Mono and Stereo sound, French subtitles and the following bonus material:
· Photo Galleries including advertising collateral, behind-the-scenes, portraits

The Gang’s All Here, is fully remastered, presented in a full screen, with English Mono and Stereo sound, Spanish and French subtitles and the following bonus material:
· Commentary by Film Professor Drew Casper
· Busby Berkeley: A Journey with a Star featurette
· Deleted Scene: The $64 Question
· Alice Faye’s Last Film: We Are Still Here!
· The Phil Harris – Alice Faye original Radio Broadcasts:
o A Movie For Alice (November 11, 1946)
o Phil Harris – Movie Star (April 24, 1949)
· Photo Galleries

While The Gang's All Here is remastered to fix the problem with the washed out color, I am almost certain that the extras are the same on the first disc and the new release.

This is a great set and I will be getting each title and actually I am not that mad at Fox for the mess-up with the first Gang. As long as they get it right this time. Now let's fix the TODD-AO version of Oklahoma!

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

Thanks! I thought I read the extras somewhere! Yes your right the extras on The Gang's All Here DVD is the same!

I can't wait for this set...and Alice Faye Volume 2 in August! Keep up the good work Fox....how about Betty Grable Volume 2 now?

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Yes to Betty Grable Vol 2. Hopefully if and when there is such a DVD set it will included Springtime in the Rockies and Tin Pan Alley. Both long overdue on DVD.

KellyVO

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kelly

Are you listening Fox?? I have a hard time believing a set like that could sell that badly!

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Am working my way through the extras on this fine set, and noticed after the documentary on Carmen (on the "Something For the Boys" disc, there was a list of "available on DVD" titles - one of which was "Springtime In the Rockies" - has this been released without my knowledge - or is it going to part of (fingers crossed) a Betty Grable set?

Alistair

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
How did you get an advanced copy?

And, perhaps more importantly, is the color on The Gang's All Here fixed?

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Normal pre-order (and I live in the UK, too!) - I knew somebody would ask about TGAH - I am deliberately leaving it till last, as it's one of my favourite films, and I do so hope it is better this time (although the UK DVD seemed to me to be a little better visually than the original US one).

Alistair

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
alistairKerr, Springtime in the Rockies has not been released yet. Maybe ir's a sign we'll see it on dvd pretty soon (Yes, I also think it will be on a Garble box set).
Dvd empire shipped my box set on Tuesday, and I can't wait for it to arrive.
Can yo tell me what are your impressions about the color quality of Something for the boys and Greenwich Village?
Thank you.

Daniel BARBIEUX

Stunt Coordinator

Don't worry about the color quality of "Something for the boys", "Greenwich Village" and especially "The Gang's All Here". 20th Century Fox gave a first class treatment on these wonderful musicals. The isolated score on "If I'm lucky" and "Doll Face" was a wonderful surprise, it seems that the songs have been recorded lately. About "If I am lucky", the black and white picture looks wonderful.

The box set also includes aCarmen Miranda booklet with many information's about the movies.

To my opinion, this is the best box set I have ever bought in 2008, I look forward the get the Alice Faye collection, volume 2 and I hope a Betty Grable volume 2 is still coming in 2008.

Thank you very much Fox, you're doing a great job, really !!!

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Thank you so much Daniel, for all this captures.

I am realyy happy with them! Now I'm counting the days to get my box set. I think it'll arrive by the end of next week.

And yes, a Betty Grable volume 2 this year would be awesome. And I have already pre-ordered the Alice Faye Collection vol 2.

I might be wrong, but I think the Ritz Brothers box set will be dedidated to their musicals and this could include the ones they did with Tony Martin, Alice Faye and Sonja Henie. If so, the box would be a very nice surprise.

Let's wait and see whatelse Fox is reserving for us in 2008.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks