What's new

"Car 54" in February 2011- FINALLY!!!! (1 Viewer)

Claude North

Second Unit
Terrific news! This was such a smart, clever show!

And let's not forget the great Beatrice Pons as Lucille Toody.

Releases such as this one give me hope for the future of TV on DVD.

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Never seen this show before, but with all this hype I'll give it a blind-buy try.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I've heard of Car 54, Where Are You? but never seen an episode of it. The clip included in the TVShowsOnDVD news article was quite funny. Interested in getting this first season set.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Neil Brock

I spoke with this company a couple of months ago and let them know about the existence of an unaired pilot. No idea if they acted on it or not but I told them where they could get ahold of it. I really hope they did.

There's an unaired pilot to CAR 54?

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DeWilson

I spoke with this company a couple of months ago and let them know about the existence of an unaired pilot. No idea if they acted on it or not but I told them where they could get ahold of it. I really hope they did.

There's an unaired pilot to CAR 54?

[/QUOTE]

Yes. I discovered it when I was at the Wisconsin Historical Society archives at the University of Wisconsin. It was in the collection that was donated there by Nat Hiken and its actually called The Snow Whites. Never seen it nor found any info on it so I can't really add any info about it. Could very well be the same as an aired episode only with a different opening and closing. I don't really know.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
Many a hit show has had pilots that were significantly different from what the ultimate first episode that aired looked like. For example, can you imagine I Love Lucy without Fred and Ethel Mertz, or John Ritter as Three's Company's Jack Tripper playing opposite two actresses playing Janet and Chrissy and they weren't Joyce De Witt or Suzanne Somers? Or how about Ann Marie of That Girl having her boyfriend Donald also being her manager? That's just some of the situations featured in the early pilots of hit shows. Some never saw the light of day until home video as these early pilots were redone with later versions that later became the inital episodes of long running successes. Both All In The Family and Three's Company went through several pilots until the writing and casting clicked. So I'm not surprised if there's an unaired Car 54 pilot- I just wonder if Ross and Gwynne are in it......

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Classic Flix is reporting that this release has been pushed back to April 12th, with no reason given.

Gary "that makes the first quarter of this year even more sparse for me" O.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P

Ouch!

Yep. I looked back at the first quarter of 2010 to see how many dvd sets I bought and came to a total of 13. This year I'm only looking at 6 or 7 tops, so this delay definitely hurts (although I guess my wallet is happy).

Gary "as long as we don't see any more delays this isn't too bad" O.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
My latest search on amazon still hasn't shown this up for preorder! I'm dying here to get my hands on some Francis and Toody...

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
I jumped on it early this morning but didn't think about posting the price. Thanks for doing that, Howie!

Gary "that was too good a price to pass up" O.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I just saw this thread, clicked on over to Amazon and it is still $19.98 this morning. I'm preordered and waiting. Thanks Howie, for the info.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Originally Posted by Gary OS

...Gary "that was too good a price to pass up" O.
Ain't that the truth!!! I ordered a copy before they could change their mind/price! I'm amazed that it's still at that price a day and a half later! This and "Dennis the Menace" are the 2 I'm most looking forward to receiving! Both have been pre-ordered. Something I never do.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Yesterday it finally appeared on amazon.ca -- at an amazing $13.99 (the canuck buck is currently at- or near par with the US $).... I've ordered it and thought about ordering a few more copies for my family/friends at that price!

All I can say is -- Ooh, Ooh Francis!

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
I've never seen the show but know it's a classic. At that price I couldn't resist & pre-ordered it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks