What's new

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
^ I assume it's that summer's too crowded and because it's a less competitive time. Plus, it seems like Hollywood keeps trying to make the summer season start earlier every year and it's probably a smart move to not be in competition with the nearly weekly new $200 million movie & its advertising campaign that you see in the summer. In the end, why compete when you can be the only game in town?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Sam Favate said:
Why April for such a big budget movie? Does that somehow indicate less confidence in the movie by the studio? Or is summer already too crowded?
Seems lately the prime "summer" release date is the first weekend of May. I think Marvel is just trying to get an early start and experimenting with the earlier release date, just as they are with Thor in November as opposed to "summer". The summer being over crowded and having a release date with less competition probably factors into it. But I don't think confidence in the movie itself has anything to do with it as the release date was set well before filming even began.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Behind the scenes buzz has been VERY positive about this project for a while now, and this trailer isn't giving me any reason to doubt what I've heard. Looks great.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I think it's really cool just how much of the concept art we are seeing coming to life in the actual film.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
For those that see Thor: The Dark World in 3D, you'll be treated to the entire elevator scene from the trailer with Cap being attacked by the SHIELD agents in addition to a modified version of the trailer.

This scene was realy, realy cool.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
They showed this scene at comic con, and I think they thought attaching it to the 3D showings would help boost 3D ticket sales. Worked for me, since I otherwise would have gone to a 2D show. But yeah, Cap taking on about ten guys while having one hand "mag-cuffed" to the wall and being tazed was pretty damn sweet!

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I'm glad you got to see it, Sean. Don't get me wrong. I am as excited for Cap 2 as I am for any film coming in the next few years. He is my favorite Marvel character by a wide margin (Thor is #2), and I absolutely love Evans in the role. The two movies really did justice to the character, and this next film looks wonderful.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
To be honest Chuck, I really wish I could just not follow the development of these films, read about studio plans, watch footage from the set as the movies are being filmed, not see at trailers, and definitely not watch scenes from movies before seeing the movie as a whole. I definitely think that is the better way to experience things. Unfortunately, I've come to accept that I just do not have it in me to resist. Thus all the posts from me here on HTF about the development of these movies. I definitely avoid watching all of the "clips" they start releasing online a few weeks before these movies come out. I just don't see the point of those. The movie will be out in a couple of weeks, you're already going to see it, why would you want to see a bunch of clips from it out of context so they won't be fresh when you see the actual movie? But in this case I made the exception since its still 5 months from release and I've already read a description of the scene from comic con and saw a bit of it in the regular trailer. I'm definitely avoiding any other footage other than the second trailer, and that'll be it for me. But yeah, I think the Russo brothers are going to knock this one out of the park.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I won't lie, Sean. I love *not* knowing all of that. Back in the LOTR days, I watched all of that stuff, looking for every new detail (for any major film I was interested in). A few years on, and I am completely content to bypass behind the scenes content prior to a release. I don't even read reviews until I've seen the movie in most cases. I do get interested in casting news and I do enjoy the trailers. But I've gotten to the points that I just prefer to see the film and be told a story. I don't try to go total dark, but I do make decisions to avoid anything significant where possible.It really makes the movies themselves a treat!

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
One trailer is enough for me. If I know that I am going to see a certain film then I could even do without seeing that, but it is so hard to avoid everything these days.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
As I speculated earlier, those that aren't wild about Cap's new "SHIELD" suit will be happy to see he also wears a variant of his 1940's uniform.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks