What's new

Cape Fear 50th Anniversary? (1 Viewer)

John Morgan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I got the Blu Ray of this from Great Britian last year, and I think it looks and sounds super, and it's region free. I would assume Universal has the hi def master and could easily put it out.
And this brings up another irritation. I have been reading reviews of some recent Universal-owned films that have been released in England on Blu, but they are not region free. Things like DOUBLE INDEMNITY, THE RUGGLES OF RED GAP, THE LOST WEEKEND, etc. Is there really that much bigger an audience in Great Britian for these American classics than here in the states?

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Cape Fear looked excellent on DVD so I'm sure a blu-ray would be high quality. I'll probably end up picking up the UK disc since it's been out for close to a year there and a North American release is nowhere in sight.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by John Morgan /t/321661/cape-fear-50th-anniversary#post_3940127
And this brings up another irritation. I have been reading reviews of some recent Universal-owned films that have been released in England on Blu, but they are not region free. Things like DOUBLE INDEMNITY, THE RUGGLES OF RED GAP, THE LOST WEEKEND, etc. Is there really that much bigger an audience in Great Britian for these American classics than here in the states?

Different sales expectations.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
JoHud said:
Cape Fear looked excellent on DVD so I'm sure a blu-ray would be high quality. I'll probably end up picking up the UK disc since it's been out for close to a year there and a North American release is nowhere in sight.
I have the British BD release and it looks great and is pretty cheap on Amazon.uk ($11.74 US dollars). Their shipping is very reasonable and fast as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.