1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

can't sleep.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by ChrisHall, Jan 4, 2004.

1. ChrisHall

ChrisHall Member

ugh, hafta get up @ 5.30am today, and then go to court at 9am. then go to work from 3-10. what a fun day i shall have. [​IMG]

2. brentl

brentl Well-Known Member

Wouldn't ya figure if you couldn't sleep you'd have more time for a post with a little more substance?

B

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Well-Known Member

Malcolm
    CHRIS! WAKE UP!! YOU MISSED COURT AND YOU'RE LATE FOR WORK!!! [​IMG]

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Well-Known Member

Going on 36 hours now myself. I caught the most bizarre amount of jetlag after my California trip. I don't start to get tired until 3 or 4 am, which is just a recipe for disaster when I have to get up at 6am.

5. JoshF

JoshF Well-Known Member

Exercise. With regular exercise (5 times a week), I can fall asleep anywhere, anytime.

6. Scott L

Scott L Well-Known Member

Yep excercise is the secret to many things, including feeling great when you'd normally feel... normal. [​IMG] I love the whoozy feeling after a brief workout and treadmill jog. :b

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

I've been having a terrible time falling asleep Sunday nights. The exhaustion of getting through Monday means I feel like I'm playing catch-up all week long. As much as I hate snow et al., I definitely can't wait for the cool fall/winter nights when sleep comes easy.

8. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Adam:

Talk about bringing up an old thread.

Have you tried using something like Advil PM or Tylenol PM to help you get sleep on Sunday nights? They don't leave you with a hang over the next day like a sleeping pill can (the type you have to have a script for from your doctor) and will help you get a good nights sleep.

Some people also have good luck with Melatonin. My wife takes them and she can sleep well with it. I haven't had any luck with it myself but YMMV.

Parker

9. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Well-Known Member

Someone had to carry the flame from Dennis Nicholls.

Yeah, Tylenol PM works good, thanks for the suggestion. The problem is, by the time I realize I need it, it's too late to use it. I don't like to take it if I don't have eight hours to devote to sleep, because then I'm too groggy to function all morning. I think lately its a combination of some minor stress at work coupled with this horribly hot and humid weather that doesn't cool down at night like it should in the Northeast.

10. Matt^Brown

Matt^Brown Well-Known Member

Work stress gets me on Sunday night a lot. I go from drifting off to sleep to thinking about all the stuff I need/should be doing on Monday.

11. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Damn, and I thought this was the topic at hand:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa%27s_First_Word

12. Audioman321

Audioman321 Well-Known Member

work stress,i always listen some light music and do some sports to relieve stress.Very useful for me .