What's new

Can't get subwoofer to play on my H/K 525 (1 Viewer)

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Does your sub have speaker level inputs? You could try running your main speaker wires to it to find out if the sub itself is bad.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Does your sub have speaker level inputs? You could try running your main speaker wires to it to find out if the sub itself is bad.

-Robb

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Robb, I only have RCA jacks and a switch that says LFE ON/OFF.

So can I still use this sub when there is no LFE soundtrack? What a waste it would be to buy a sub just for that. I'd like to use it all the time. This is why I set the crossover to 80Hz, not LFE. I'm still new at this.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Robb, I only have RCA jacks and a switch that says LFE ON/OFF.

So can I still use this sub when there is no LFE soundtrack? What a waste it would be to buy a sub just for that. I'd like to use it all the time. This is why I set the crossover to 80Hz, not LFE. I'm still new at this.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Dom,

Re-check setting on ur receiver, make sure you have turn on the LFE to the sub and also check for the gain level on ur sub. On your dvd player, check and make sure you have turn on the sub there as well. Some dvd player has default on subwoofer to off. You have to turn it on...

Al,

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
Dom,

Re-check setting on ur receiver, make sure you have turn on the LFE to the sub and also check for the gain level on ur sub. On your dvd player, check and make sure you have turn on the sub there as well. Some dvd player has default on subwoofer to off. You have to turn it on...

Al,

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
DVD player is a Denon 910.

Right now I changed my wiring to where I have everything going to the TV (Sanyo 32" HDTV), and I'm using the audio output to the receiver. So this way everything that's on the screen is also going through the receiver.

I turned LFE ON on every possible setting that the receiver has.

So I need some special movies to use my sub? I was hoping I could use it during every movie including TV and XBOX.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
DVD player is a Denon 910.

Right now I changed my wiring to where I have everything going to the TV (Sanyo 32" HDTV), and I'm using the audio output to the receiver. So this way everything that's on the screen is also going through the receiver.

I turned LFE ON on every possible setting that the receiver has.

So I need some special movies to use my sub? I was hoping I could use it during every movie including TV and XBOX.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Assuming the sub and receiver work, the HK is set up properly, and all the connections are good, you will be able to use your sub for any stereo (or digital) signal. I'm sure we're missing something simple.

On the speaker setup screen, what are your values for:

mode:
Left/Right:
Center:
Surround:
Surr back:
Subwoofer:
Bass Mgr:

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Assuming the sub and receiver work, the HK is set up properly, and all the connections are good, you will be able to use your sub for any stereo (or digital) signal. I'm sure we're missing something simple.

On the speaker setup screen, what are your values for:

mode:
Left/Right:
Center:
Surround:
Surr back:
Subwoofer:
Bass Mgr:

-Robb

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
mode: Size
Left/Right: Large
Center: Small
Surround: Small
Surr back: None
Subwoofer: Sub(LFE)
Bass Mgr: Independent

It was suggested to me on av123 that my sub's amp might be bad. It happened to someone else before. So I'm going to try to find someone with a good system to test my sub.

Dom P

Stunt Coordinator
Left/Right: Large
Bass Mgr: Independent

It was suggested to me on av123 that my sub's amp might be bad. It happened to someone else before. So I'm going to try to find someone with a good system to test my sub.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Also try:

Left/Right: Small
Bass Mgr: Global

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Also try:

Left/Right: Small
Bass Mgr: Global

-Robb

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure, once again, that your sub cable is hooked to the "pre out" section in the lower left hand corner of the back of the receiver and not in the "8 channel input" section.

I remember having trouble with setting up the sub on my 525 as well but I don't remember what I was doing wrong.

RandyMathis

Stunt Coordinator
Make sure, once again, that your sub cable is hooked to the "pre out" section in the lower left hand corner of the back of the receiver and not in the "8 channel input" section.

I remember having trouble with setting up the sub on my 525 as well but I don't remember what I was doing wrong.

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Have you tried setting those mains to small? When set to large, and the sub at Sub (LFE) The only thing that's going to come out of the sub is the .1 in recordings.

-Robb

Robb Roy

Supporting Actor
Dom,

Have you tried setting those mains to small? When set to large, and the sub at Sub (LFE) The only thing that's going to come out of the sub is the .1 in recordings.

-Robb

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks