What's new

Can't find disc 1 of Zeppelin box set... what to do? (1 Viewer)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hello,

I'm in the process of ripping all my audio CD's to MP3 (for a home media server).
Well, I've gotten to "L", opened up the 4 CD box set of Led Zeppelin I have, to discover that CD 1 is missing!!
I don't know how this could have happened, and no one in my house is owning up to it. :grrr:

Anyways, what I'm wondering is if there's a way to replace just that CD? I don't really want to have to spend the money to buy the box set again (if it's even still being made).

Do record companies sell replacement CD's from a box set?

Thanks a bunch.

David R. Hendrickson

Stunt Coordinator
about 10 or so years ago i tried to get a replacement disc 1 of "Black Sabbath: The Ozzy Years". War Pigs had a flaw and would skip. everywhere i asked (pre-internet days, remember) said that either a) most box sets are limited runs so there are no extra discs or b) only the same number of each disc are made so there are no extra discs.

War Pigs still skips...

dave

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
If you're just trying to get mp3's for the songs, go to Kazaa or other file-trading system and download each song.

Assuming that you've already bought the box set, you should be in the clear (ethically speaking). I'm sure the RIAA wouldn't agree with this view, however.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I'm pretty sure that box set is still being made, so you could replace it easily.

Maybe you could try selling yours on ebay? You won't get much, but it's still something.

Other than that, I don't think you can just get one disc of a set.

KrisM

Second Unit
Have you considered trying your library? The library system in Edmonton has an on-line catalog. I'm sure Toronto has something similar. You could check there and if it is available, copy it. It wouldn't look like the rest of the box, but it is much more affordable.

Regards
KrisM

Rick_Brown

Second Unit
I've lost CD's before. They all showed up eventually either in someone's boombox or accidentally inserted into a wrong jewel case along with the correct one. Since you are opening every one of your CD's and you're only up to "L" you may still find the CD in another case. Go through to "Z" before you panic!

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Not really sure what I'm going to do yet. I'll check the library and see what they have.

Rick, that's a good suggestion. I always tend to panic right away. I just have a really good feeling that it is infact gone though.

I would go to Kazaa, but chances are I'm not going to find it at the same quality as what my rips would sound like (or it would take me forever to get all 15 songs at that quality).

Man, I just don't like the thought of buying the set again just for one disc. Kinda a bummer. Guess I should just suck it up and smile. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks