1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Canopus ADVC 110 -- B/W and Color Problem Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Computers' started by jetvideocooperative, Oct 30, 2013.

1. jetvideocooperative

jetvideocooperative New Member

Jet Video Cooperative
    Hi, recently purchased a Canopus ADVC 110 to convert VHS to digital, and I'm having a problem that maybe someone here can help solve.

I've hooked it up to a JVC BR-S500U via RCA for the audio and S-video for the picture, and what is happening, over the course of a tape playing, is that the picture will be in color for a minute or two, then switch to black and white for maybe ten minutes, then switch back to color for a while. Picture quality is generally good; it's just that I'm not getting color all the time. Does this sound familiar to anyone? It's definitely not loose cables, and I've never seen a VCR do this before.

2. Jay H

Jay H Well-Known Member

Jay
    Have you tried different cables or a different VCR?

Sorry, have no real advice to you but if you can isolate it to a certain item, it could help in fixing it. Being that your canopus is somewhat new, I would kind of lean towards the VCR or cables or both. Does it do that with certain VHS tapes?

maybe a EE familiar with video output can help?

Jay