What's new

Canon SD1000 questions. (1 Viewer)

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
I just got a Canon SD1000 Digital Camera for my girlfriend. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on settings. I want to take a some pictures of my cell phone I am going to sell on ebay. I want to get a nice detailed shot but I don't really know where to begin. Any help would be appreciated.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Well, if you're doing it for eBay, you probably want to go w/ the lowest resolution setting w/ either lowest or medium compression quality -- unless you're using some other 3rd party hosting service for the photos.

Not too sure, but you might want to shoot it in macro mode for close-up shots though you'll probably need plenty of (outdoor) light for that since the built-in flash probably won't work well for close-ups. Otherwise, you might want shoot in normal mode and crop the pics before using it on eBay -- you might also need to shoot at a higher resolution and resize down to what you need for eBay in that case.

_Man_

Eric Alderson

Stunt Coordinator
That's what I was thinking playing around with it. The flash was just too much on the close up in macro mode. Thanks for the reply.

HienN

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hien
You might also want to try adjusting the "tone/white balance" and "My Colors" settings to find a warmer, more appealing color.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks