What's new

Canon S1 IS pic uploading trouble. help? (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
so i first downloaded some pics then i resized them to be 4x6 so when i took them to be printed they wouldn't be chopped wrong.

anyway when i tried put them back on the compact card in the camera it would not let me.

it says the pics were not taken with the camera or something like that.

i have no problem putting unchanged pics back on the card.
so am i doing somerthing wrong?

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Tony,

I don’t have that camera but you may use a compact flash reader/writer or universal card reader/writer to store any type of picture file or document file onto your compact flash card.

However, many digital cameras won’t display the images on the LCD screen and might not let you load it directly to the camera from your computer unless the image is in the format produced by your camera.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I agree buy a card reader as they're much faster then uploading/downloading from the camera and you won't waste battery life...which isn't great as it is on the S1. I just picked up a SanDisk USB2 reader and its way faster then my old Kodak USB1 reader so I'd suggest you get a version 2 model if you're PC supports it.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i almost bought one last week.
they were on sale for free.
29.99 - 20 insant rebate - 10 mail in rebate.

but i couldnt get over to an offace maax that week.

anyway is what you are saying.
i can buy one of those things and use it to upload modified photos?

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
Yes, using a card reader/writer you can download any type of file from your computer to your compact flash card, even files that have nothing to do with photos. You can also use it to upload any file from your compact flash card to your computer.

Windows will use your card reader the same way it uses a removable hard drive. I prefer to move files using Windows Explorer.

However, displaying modified images on your camera’s LCD screen is another matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks