What's new

Canadians - Where have you gotten your Behrigner BFD 1124 and what did you pay? (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I have checked Long and McQuade stores in the greater Toronto area, Scarborough and Oshawa and they quote me the MSRP of $229.00.

Can I do better than that?

thanks

Chris

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator
That is the only price I have seen... if you want, I was going to buy one too... we could get a discount on two of them (I am in Ajax too ;-) I doubt it would be worth it though... seems like pretty much a low margin item... unless you want to go to ebay...

M.

MarkWC

Stunt Coordinator
Can someone explain what this actually does? I have seen more and more of these posts around lately and wonder what all the buzz is about.

Thanks

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Its a 24 band EQ which works in the digital domain. Has 20 bit AD and DA converters in the older 1100 version, and 24 bit AD and DA converters in the newer 1124P version. It is rather sophisticated. People use it to improve the frequency response of their subwoofer in their rooms. You can use a microphone and software to calibrate and adjust your response. Often rooms and subwoofers don't mix well and you get peaks and/or valleys in the overall room response. The Behringer Feedback Destoyer Pro or BFD is used to tame the response.

Mark,

I might be interested in that. Your name sounds familiar. Any relation to Nancy or David of Pickering Highschool circa the late 80's?

PaulT

Supporting Actor
2 Music Stores in Calgary have quoted me MSRP (229CDN) and no lower, and I recall from a post a few months ago a member here from Saskatchewan paid MSRP as well, so it looks like no discounting. I have no local shop where I am in BC to get one from, but have to assume Vancouver would be the same.

Mark Leitch

Stunt Coordinator
No relation that I know of Chris... I do not expect savings to be that great but if they would do 2 for $400 then it could be worth it...

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks