What's new

Canadian Outlaws (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
I know it's frustrating with all the taxes we pay but the fact is there is nothing out there for $1800 CDN that competes with the 950.
Well I was quoted $1800 cdn for the Rotel 1066 but its on back order for a month...Not saying that I'll buy the Rotel but it is an option

Thanks for the info Andrew, I wasn't aware that you could get the 1066 that cheap in Canada. Looks like I might have another option.

JohnnyG

Screenwriter
The 950 (at least) is also going to be sold as the Atlantic Technology P-2000, so any Canadian AT dealer should be able to get this item. I just hope the Canadian pricing is in-line with importing from the US. I don't believe AT has made any announcment with regard to amplifiers though.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
I've been talking to our one and only Rotel dealer here in Saskatoon about the 1066 and here I can get it for 1950.00 now I add the tax, I'm lookin' at about 2200.00.
What I hope to do is arrange for an at home tryout for the 1066 when I get my 950 so I can do an A/B that way I can make the best possible decision. The Rotel salesman hasn't been to receptive to letting me take it home. I think if I agree to purchase it he'll give me a 7 day return. :frowning:

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Brett that's a pretty lousy discount on the 1066...I'd think you'd be able to get a little more then that knocked off. The $1800 I was quoted was over the phone so I'm expecting to get a little more then that in person cash in hand etc

Marc H

Second Unit
I wrote to Outlaw a couple of months ago asking if they would be interested in having our shop as a Canadian dealer and distribution point. They wrote back saying that they weren't sure what they were going to do about the Canadian market and to ask them again in June, which I shall do.

I figure bringing in a load of them at a time would save shipping and brokerage costs as well as providing Canadian warranty support.

I'll try them again next month.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
Now you're talkin', Marc! Do you suppose you might also inquire about carrying Outlaw's amps? Cheers!

DS.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Andrew;
I was quoted 2399.00 list price and could get it for the aformentioned 1950.00 so I thought 450 off was not bad. Where you given a list price?:frowning:

W

Will

I've been talking to our one and only Rotel dealer here in Saskatoon about the 1066 and here I can get it for 1950.00 now I add the tax, I'm lookin' at about 2200.00. What I hope to do is arrange for an at home tryout for the 1066 when I get my 950 so I can do an A/B that way I can make the best possible decision.
BrentPollard
Very Excellent. When do you think you'll be doing the A/B?

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Brent I was told list but only after I asked what the best price they could do is. I've done some business there before and they remembered my name but its not like we're on first name basis or anything. The issue with Rotel's is that they are very popular and there isn't many being shipped into canada..at least all the ones coming in soon spoken for and it will be awhile before more come in.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
It's no big deal, as the Outlaw 950 is my first choice anyway. I just want to do the A/B first if possible. ;)

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Nice input all... we steered off course a bit here and there, but it's still going where it should.

Keep the info coming... Marc...I'm particularily interested in your distribution north of the 47th.

And yes... our tax system and fiscal responsibility is the $HIT$... the upside is we are spending less (per capita) than the U.S. at present.

BrentPollard

Second Unit
Will
The A/B will depend on the arrrival of my 950. I got on the waiting list Jan 10 so I have no Idea really, a wild guess would be sometime in mid to late June.:) Man do I need a processor. My old prologic Sony has lost the center channel and the rears crackle sometimes,, it's brutal.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
Ok Folks,

My 950 just showed up. I had to pay an extra $280.38 (loonies).

Here is the break down :

Ontario P.S.T. $112.64

GST $98.56

Brogerage Fee $64.65

GST on Brokerage Fee $4.53

Outlaw 950 $1510.46 on my Visa

Grand Total $1790.84

For the record I'm using an Anthem MCA5 mkII

Mains: Swans Diva 6.1

Center: Swans Diva C3

Rears: Swans Diva 2.1

Subs: Dual 20-39CS with Samson S700

Steve K.H.

Supporting Actor
Woot! :D
With no PST (yes I'm Albertan), the price is $1,678.20... plus the dollar is climbing.
What amp now...

Serge Breton

Supporting Actor
the no duty is nice but the $64.65 just for filling out some paperwork! That's pricey. I know since i live in Windsor, i tend to broker items myself and this takes a half hour max. Gald you received your unit Sean. I was suppose to have mine yesterday so looks as though the shipping is going to be discounted since i payed for a 3 day service that was not rendered.

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
UPS ground shipping was $50 U.S Serge, what did you pay?

BTW, the 950 sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks