What's new

Can two guys haul a 200lb rptv up a flight of stairs? (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
If Seth's suggestion doesn't work, take the screen off. You should at the very least be able to do that. Then you don't have to worry about damaging the screen, and you'll have extra places to grip. The movers who moved me into this house didn't take the screen off, and they either gripped the screen at one point, or something was pushed against it, and it put a dark spot that was only fixable by replacing the screens for I believe $700. When I got a new one, the guys took the screen up, it helped them navigate the stairs better and hold onto it.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I am 26 so am not worried about hurting myself.

That's great, since your body cannot be injured until age 28.

This would be a great time to buy a projector. Really light and easy to carry upstairs.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
If it is still boxed, I would slide it up the stairs rather than carrying it. Have one guy with straps around the unit at the top, and the second (and third) pushing from behind.

Other than that, get movers. They aren't the cheapest, but they will get the thing up in one piece, and you won't get injured.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
When I first got my 36", 260lb Toshiba direct view set back in 2000 I decided to move it down to the basement myself. I set it on a big piece of cardboard and planned to ease it down the carpeted steps. Well within minutes that sucker got away from me and I found myself riding it down the stairs like Slim Pickens on an A-bomb. Fortunately the TV was fine after this little adventure but anything that bulky and fragile really needs to be treated carefully.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
As others have said, I was 23 when I ruptured a disc in my back. The past 12 years have been utter HELL! Don't take youth for granted, the damage you do in your younger days only magnifies as you age.

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
I'll swoosh by and lift up the TV set for you and place it where you want using just one finger.

Just make sure not to keep any kryptonite around the house when I come visiting.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
I hope you're in pretty good shape (at least compared to some on this site :D ), if you and your friend are both in good enough shape to do will determine if it can be done. I'm a diy type of person and wouldn't consider having someone else carry something like this for me (I usually don't allow others to help me as well, the only injury I ever had lifting heavy items was someone who insisted, screwed up, and I had to compensate to keep an item from breaking). If you end up using a dolly make certain the axle is up to bearing this type of weight (my dolly wasn't but has great areas to grab so it's still useful) and has strap/anchor points to secure such a bulky item so it doesn't slide off.

Users who are viewing this thread