What's new

can stores make you leave your backpack at the front counter (1 Viewer)

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I worked security at an electroncis department, a backpack is a high priority to watch no matter who the person is.

It is when there are multiple people, some wearing backpacks to distract attention while two others start a fight right outside the store to attact more attention.

Suprisingly not all thieves are dumb, some have well orchestrated plans to shop lift. They often use diversions so whenever there is one, it is a time to be extra careful and pay attention to what is going on around you.

I also had to watch for big clothing and jackets. When somebody walked in wearing a big jacket I'd walk up to them and say "Can I help you with anything?". This was my subtle way of telling them "Don't even think about it".

When a person is caught redhanded, they usually sweat or get angry. I caught one guy taking off security tags off a playstation2. What he didn't realize is that we plant a tag on the inside of the box as well, the rest are decoys. So it went off and he said "I'm gonna go to my car and get money for this", naturally he never returned.

I also caught someone attempt to walk to the back of the store with a PS2 tucked under their arm. I noted the manager who had ppl stationed at the front exits. They intercepted the guy who then threw the PS2 and stormed out.

Some more information... a way to outsmart ME would be to not create a diversion or wear any big jackets. Just put the merchandise under a thin magnetically shielded pocket or sweatshirt and casually walk out. The best time to steal would be when there's a seductive diversion. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks