What's new

Can someone tell me what this is? (1 Viewer)

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
I recently purchased a VGA cable for my Xbox 360 and realized I need a certain part only thing is I don't know the name of it but I found a pic of it on amazon and was hoping someone could tell me what it is so I can possibly pick one up. Here's the pic.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
It's a male mini-pin to female stereo RCA adapter. The y-cable style is a bit more common, but I have one of these in my adapter stash at work.

EricTB

Stunt Coordinator
Just wanting to make sure but would this be the component I would need if my HDTV only has one of those male/female outlets. I'm assuming this will be my problem solver to my VGA cable problem I hope. Oh and thanks for telling me what this thing is. Now I can go to Radio Shack and now what to look for if need be. Here's a pic of my setup on the side panel of my HDTV.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I would go for the y-cable version, just because it doesn't look like there's enough clearance for the other one to plug in along with the VGA cable.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
I second that suggestion. You don't want fit issues.

Why in the world do manufacturers think we need specialized miniplug inputs anyway? It's not as if mini to mini cables are all that common.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's usually the port set provided for computer hook up. It assumes you'll be running audio out from the standard sound card output or the headphone jack on a laptop.

JeremyErwin

Senior HTF Member
Uh huh. What's wrong with an RCA jack? Mini to RCA cables are more common than mini-to mini.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks