What's new

Can I use my Sony STR-DE945 as an amp to power a 7th channel? (1 Viewer)

Ferdinand T

Auditioning
Hello all sorry for the simple question, but I don't have a clue. I just bought a new receiver today. Onkyo TX-DS797 and it's a 6.1 but I can upgrade it to a 7.1. So like I said can I just use my old receiver to power the 7th channel. Just want to know before I sell my Sony. Thanks in advance guys. Oop also if so how do I go about doing it.

Ferdinand

JerryW

Supporting Actor
Well, you can use it. But what I'd do is sell the receiver on ebay and buy a decent monoblock or 2 channel amp. Something like this: Link Removed

Ferdinand T

Auditioning
Well in wouldn't be perminent just for the time being until I can get something better. I just spent a grand so I don't have any extra dough right now.

Ferdinand T

Auditioning
Does anyone know exactly how to do it or would it say in the manual? Like I said I just got the receiver today and haven't had a chance to read the manual yet. I was watching The Fast and The Furious, Rush Hour 2 and Gladiator and I noticed a HUGE difference in the sound quality. The bass was SO much better on this receiver not so boomy and distorted like the Sony but nice deeper sounding crisp clean bass. I also notice a big difference in the mids and highs. I heard SO much stuff that I never heard before and what I did here sounded so much better this time around, amazing stuff. I just can't beleive how much better this receiver was compared to my Sony. I WAS a big Sony guy and I honestly didn't think it could get much better. I now see what I've been missing. The next dvd on the list when I get some time is Saving Privite Ryan DTS. Can't wait!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks