What's new

Can I use my Sharp xr-1x multimedia projector for a home theater projector??? HELP!!!! (1 Viewer)

alie

Auditioning
Real Name
alie casey
I know I am going to sound like an idiot, but I have this projector and if possible I wanted to use it for a home theater. It has hardly been used at all. I have no idea how I would get it to work! Please help!!!!!!:confused:

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
While you certainly "can" use this projector for home theater use, don't expect much from it in terms of performance.

This projector is intended for connection to a computer for displaying powerpoint presentations, etc. It has a native resolution of 1024x768 pixels with a 4:3 aspect ratio (as opposed to 16:9 for home theater projectors). It was released about 8 years ago - projector technology has come a LONG way since then...

It's not very bright, the color accuracy will not be great, it will be loud compared to newer projectors, and as far as I can tell, the only inputs it has are analog (composite and component video).

If you're new to projectors, you should know that it projects video only. To hear any audio, you'll need a separate A/V receiver and speakers. All of your sources (cable/satellite, DVD/Blu-ray, game consoles) should be connected to a receiver using composite or component video plus audio cables, then a single video out from the receiver to the projector.

To get more specific, we'd need to know precisely what devices you'll be connecting.

alie

Auditioning
Real Name
alie casey
Thank you! LOL- I am just going to buy the correct projector.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks