What's new

Can I connect Blu ray player to a Sony DAV-TZ210?? (1 Viewer)

amaya

Auditioning
Real Name
alexander amaya
Hello everyone, I've been impressed with how helpful the community in this forum is! So now I come to you seeking for advice. I have a Sony HBD-TZ210, it's a DVD player with home theater combo thing, I know it's super limited in its inputs, it ONLY has RCA input, but it was affordable and I wanted to finally have some surround sound at home. So far I've been satisfied with it because I already had a DVD collection of my favorite movies and the player upscales them very nicely, almost HD like, and the surround effects are awesome. Also, I connect my Xbox 360 to it (with the RCA cables) and the surround effects of the games work perfectly and it's awesome. So I don't know if I'm wrong but I'm assuming that connecting any other device (that uses surround sound) with RCA cables to it make the 5.1 surround effects work, but I'm not too savvy with this topic... BTW, I can connect the RCA cables from the Xbox directly to the Home Theater or I can connect the Xbox to the TV and from the TV output with the RCA cables to the Home Theater, surround sound works either way. My TV is a Samsung LN37A330J1DXZA LCD. So now I've been wanting to get a Blu ray player to enjoy some Blu ray movies with the nice surround sound of the Sony player, but I was wondering if that is gonna be even possible. Can I connect the Blu ray player to the Sony TZ210 with RCA cables directly, or maybe connect the Blu ray player with HDMI or whatever to the TV and then use the RCA cables to get the sound from the TV to the TZ210??? would that work? would I get the Blu ray movie's 5.1 surround sound on the Sony TZ210 or am I only going to get stereo sound that way and it's just impossible? :( It confuses me because I connect the Xbox with the RCA cables and I do get 5.1 surround sound, but I don't know if connecting a Blu ray player that way will get me only stereo or 5.1 Please help me! Thanks in advance!

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
The bad news is if you are connecting anything to the Sony using red/white RCA connections then you aren't really getting surround, you're getting simulated surround. (The receiver takes the stereo signal and plays with it to give you interesting sounds through all speakers.) The good news is if you are liking that sound, and it seems you are, then you will get the same level of sound connecting the Bluray with the R/W. DVDs played through the receiver are played in true surround. However, if you attached the BR, you would be losing true surround sound. You need to connect the BD to the TV through the HDMI (to get the enhanced picture). If your TV will send audio through the stereo RCA, then that's the easiest; otherwise you might have to connect the RCA directly to the receiver.

Naveen Singh

Auditioning
Real Name
Naveen Singh
Yes, I am agree with Al.Andrson, actually S-Master Digital Amplifier produces Dolby Pro Logic II sound through two stereo channels. so whenever you plug stereo RCA , you got simulated surround sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks