What's new

Can Anyone Please Give Me Info On This 007 Set... Is It Official?? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I've seen the enormous 20-disc UK box set which comes in the limited tin, but I've never seen this before in my life...

Click Here For Ebay Auction Link

The seller claims it's an official Region 1 release but after thoroughly searching the internet for any details pertaining to this set, I haven't found any evidence that this was ever released, anywhere!

I just want to verify that this is legal, can anyone really bootleg something this elaborate?

Upon closer inspection of the pictures depicted in the listing, I've noticed some Asian characters on what appears to be dvd cover slips/inserts, though I'm still not 100% sure of what I was looking at...

Has anyone ever seen this before and if so, can you please shed some light on this for me because the set looks totally awesome and I'd definitely be interested in getting my hands on one of these cool briefcases if it's all legit!

Please let me know if you've ever seen or heard of this before.

Thanks a lot guys!!

Bobby S

Grip
I have this set. Cost me $500 plus shipping from a US dealer. However, my set is region 3 Hong Kong, and it is an official MGM release. There is no Asian writing anywhere in my set. The metal briefcase is fantastic, complete with working locks that you set your own combination for, a nice black felt interior, with 6 different digi-packs in slip-cases housing the Bond films. Also includes a die-cast replica of the Bond car from Die Another Day, a set of mini-poster reproductions of all the Bond film 1-sheets, and a soundtrack CD of 18 different Bond theme songs. Each digi-pack contains the insert booklets for the films included in that particular pack. The case itself is very heavy and well-constructed, and has the 007 logo embossed on the front. Also has a name tag screwed into the front. Mine just said "Agent 328" on it, but I replaced it with a different one that I had made at a local shop, now it says "James Bond 40th Anniversary DVD Collection". You can have anything you want put on it. I believe the "Agent 328" refers to the # of this set, but I don't know how many sets were made. Probably 1000 or fewer. I doubt you'd ever see anything this elaborate released in wide numbers anywhere, it's just too expensive for most people. But to me it was worth every penny. This is without a doubt the best Bond set ever produced, and probably the best DVD special edition set ever! That being said, I still don't know what to tell you regarding the set on eBay. I have a feeling it's a bootleg of an original release, at least the DVDs, anyway, as these should not be region 1. But if they bootlegged the metal case it must have cost them some money.Still, the photos they show sure seem just like the set I own, so I don't know what to think. Hope this helps a little. Let me know. And I can link you to the US seller I got mine from if you want. Don't know if he has any more in stock, but he can probably get it for you. At the very least, he can give you more detailed info about the set. Thanks. Bob

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Thanks a lot Bobby!

If you check what appears to be the inserts carefully, you'll notice the Chinese or Asian characters so I'm also assuming it's a bootleg. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your set and if you still have the seller's contact info, I'd like to shoot him an email.

Btw Sam, the UK set is different. It's just the 20-disc tin, this is much more elaborate!

Anyways, thanks for the info!!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Okay, I got a response from the seller as to the authenticity of the set. I would not purchase this from him as he's not an honest person, apparently these are region-free discs and were purchased directly from this supplier, Delta Mac:

http://www.deltamac.com.tw/promo/007suitcase/index.html

He confirmed that the booklets are all in Chinese characters and for some reason, he said that 'Die Another Day' is not featured in his set, despite what's advertised at the link above. His English was fairly poor so I'm not 100% certain, but after reading his response, I'm somewhat skeptical of the overall quality as I'm not even sure that these are remastered discs. I'll definitely avoid this seller but I will be on the lookout for this amazing collection!

Btw Bobby, are you 100% sure that there are no foreign text given that this is a region 3 release? Also, did your set come with 'Die Another Day' and if not, was there an extra space in the box set for it to be added? Finally, were the discs themselves and the content the same as what's featured in the mini 007 R1 box-sets (James Bond Collection Vol.1, Vol. 2, etc.)?

Oh and ignore my inquiries on the price, I just reread your post, sorry...

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Deltamac does distribute MGM Pictures films on DVD and VCD in Hong Kong and Taiwan...

However, Deltamac never releases MGM Pictures or 20th Century Fox Pictures properties as region free DVDs.

Richard Cook

Stunt Coordinator
This set in Region 2, containing all films in a tin is available now from W H Smith at about £120

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks